cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Bank linking question

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

I'm wondering if I have a bank account already linked in ibotta and if I reset the password on the bank will I still be able to withdraw funds to the bank in ibotta aka will it still work.  Will the money be lost because the password no longer matches what I originally provided or I'm no longer have option to deposit into that bank account.

This is what happens when you make a too secure a password that you forget it.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Bank linking question

ShelbyS
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the tag! All bank account linking is done through Plaid. You can find an article to troubleshoot your connection here 

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Ibotta Care team through our help center. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@dramaspoiler 

That’s an interesting question. I didn’t find any info how to handle that in the Help Center. This would be good to know for future reference and add to the help articles.

@ShelbyS 

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

ShelbyS
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the tag! All bank account linking is done through Plaid. You can find an article to troubleshoot your connection here 

If you are still having issues, please reach out to our Ibotta Care team through our help center. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

dramaspoiler
Core Shopper

@ShelbyS thanks

@Dean so far I remember my password thank goodness.  This was more a question of just in case and for reference for those that need it.  I notice over time we tend to forget passwords are to complicated and rarely use.  Making a different password unique and different is great but only as good as you remember it.  

I'm just wary that relinking you are only allow 2x for one bank account.  Either I read somewhere or I'm making this up that for the app it is unwritten rule  that after linking a particular bank account 2x the system will disallow that account account from further linking.  I wonder if that's what happening to folks that have issue withdrawing to bank.

I was hoping that change of password doesn't impact the withdrawal.  You already gave plaid access and they verified you.  So in theory they have you checking account info which doesn't change. So the connection is not needed?  But that would be too easy.  That's why I prefer the deposit verification.  It can be done once to prove ownership and you not giving password away for someone to potentially have access to.

I wonder if anyone tried relinking their bank account.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean

@dramaspoiler I tried looking for more information on Plaid’s site and found this. I’m still not sure that they don’t store passwords. I also read that creating an account on my.plaid.com using your phone number will show what apps are linked and allow management of your info. I haven’t linked a bank account so I can’t test it. Knowing exactly how this process works would be very useful to those who are having problems.

https://support-my.plaid.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410324401047-Does-Plaid-have-access-to-my-credential...

Helpful Links
Ibotta | Help Center | Contact Info