cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode rejected again!

Marethundsabre
Shopper

Anyone having trouble with barcodes being rejected lately? I am so fed up that I am thinking of leaving Ibotta. I have the any brand diapers in my account. Bought a pack of CVS diapers and when scanning the receipt, rejected my diapers. Said offer didn't match. They are CVS brand diapers and they should have been accepted. I tried rescanning and each time, it was rejected. I took a picture of the item in details and then it tells me that they offer is expired yet according to the details page, it doesn't expire until next month. It seems that Everytime I don't shop at Weis or Walmart, everything I try to redeem is rejected. I am very displeased with Ibotta lately. They changed the way you scan receipts making it harder to get it accepted. Now, they won't even honor any brand diapers and as far as I understand, CVS diapers are a any brand diapers. If this keeps happening to me, I am leaving this company. If they can't honor a 10 cent redemption offer, then I am not interested in staying with them. Anyone else having problems like this lately?

14 Replies

Re: Barcode rejected again!

Loves2Save
Core Shopper

@Marethundsabre 

Submit a care ticket. They will honor it. Include the picture of the item and your receipt again. It sounds like you already tried to submit the barcode and they didn’t accept it as a new item to their system which is strange, but if you didn’t go through that step I recommend it. They don’t have every possible item in their system and sometimes we need to help them.
Yea, I took a break for a week or two recently due to more frustration than I could handle. It happens and I’m not diminishing your feelings. Hang in there! They eventually get it right and are a great way to save when it works. 

Dean
Saver

I’ve had barcode problems the last couple of weeks with Coca Cola products, Softsoap, and applesauce. All at Walmart. 🤔

Dean
Saver

@Loves2Save  I’ll have to disagree with you a bit. I’ve been scanning barcodes for two weeks and reporting fails for the Coca Cola 20 oz offer and it still doesn’t work. Not that I want a Coke that badly but I’ve just been using it as a gauge to see how long corrections take. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Rewards Advocate

@Marethundsabre 

I had it happen to me with a bag of popcorn. It is a good rule of thumb to always scan your items prior to purchasing. @Dana replied to a similar situation not too long ago. It's your choice to discontinue using ibotta.  Myself I have earned more than a $.10  with just redeeming a single FAO so I didn't worry about not being able to collect a $.10 for my $2.00 bag of popcorn.  I didn't even like the popcorn it sea salt and truffle from the Farmers market maybe a $.10 would have made it taste better.   I know the $.10 add up, I hope you reconsider and stay with ibotta. 

Ready, Set, Shop

mmoore01
Deal Expert

If you consider the number of retailers Ibotta supports, it is amazing that they don't have more issues with UPCs.

Every time a manufacturer makes a change to their product, they can change the UPC.  Have you ever purchased a Bonus package of something that gives you 20% more in the package?  It probably has a new UPC.  Now, add in all the store brands and you are talking about 100's of thousands of new products all the time.

There is a process built into Ibotta.  Scan the bar code.  If it doesn't match, but you think it should, scan the bar code TWICE.  The app will ask you to take a picture of the item.  From my experience, Ibotta will respond in as little as three hours.  If it is approved, you should be able to scan your receipt again and get credit.

If it is not approved, then I would open a request.  Yes, it will take about 2-3 days to get a response, but once the UPC is added, it should work for the next time.

Dean
Saver

@mmoore01  I’ve done as you describe by scanning twice and uploading photos. Still didn’t change for Coca Cola offer. I’ll scan again later at Walmart and if it fails again, I’ll open a case. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Rewards Advocate

@Dean 

What product are you shopping for and retailer

Ready, Set, Shop
0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Shopper

I was shopping for diapers. My husband went to the store for me because I was dealing with a sick baby. He bought CVS brand diapers. Usually, we don't shop for diapers there but we were almost out and he had to pick up a prescription for the baby there. I have literally every diaper offer clicked so that it's easier to get a rebate for them. Usually I buy the diapers at Dollar General but I couldn't take or leave the baby to go buy them this time.

0 Likes

Dean
Saver

@OBSHOP  There’s a Walmart only Coca Cola Brands offer for $0.25. It lists a variety of Coca Cola products that it is available for. I’ve scanned a number of different bottles and all have been rejected. As Ive said, it’s not that I really need a Coke. I actually was going to buy one for my mother. It just became a good study on what isn’t working.