cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Barcode rejected again!

TXbelle
Core Shopper

I was at Walmart when the Hummus day deal came up. I checked it off and found the Wasa crispbread (the price on the shelf said $1.98). Then went to the deli area to find hummus. The store brand was also $1.98. I thought I checked the barcode but... I checked out and the Wasa was $2.80. When I got to the car I scanned the receipt. Wouldn't match the hummus. I did take a picture of the item and its barcode, then I decided to just return both items-- just over the WM price surprises. Anyway, I am getting texts telling me they accepted the store hummus now. Not worth going out just for that. I just got hummus as an FAO a few days ago. I will say that Ibotta was quick to update the item.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@Marethundsabre   So sorry you're having trouble!  Those 'Any' offers can be a pain sometimes.  There are thousands of upc's that could possibly qualify for the offer, but it's likely not every one is in the system.  If you don't get the auto popup that the offer should match (like @mmore01 stated), send a detailed ticket with a screenshot of the offer, as well as pictures of the front/back of the product and upc.  It might take a few days longer to get credit, but it's the only way to get the database to work for everyone.  Honestly, I don't let the 'any' offers bother me if it doesn't match.  On the flip, there are plenty of times I've gotten more back on an offer, that make up for the few times I don't get .10 back. 

@DeanThat is so odd.  I've done the Coke 20 oz offer at least 5 times already and never have any trouble.  I usually get Coke Zero, but I got a Diet Coke for my dad once.  Always scans as a match and I get credit.

OBSHOP
Rewards Advocate

@Dean 

Currently I have no coke offers in my gallery.  This issue is similar to what I recently wrote about the inactive EMB.  Items are listed without retailers or companion items not available in gallery.

Ready, Set, Shop
0 Likes

Dean
Saver

At this point I’m going to consider the Coca Cola offer as a mistake. I just tried scanning at Walmart again and all failed. When I search for offers on Ibotta.com/rebates it doesn’t show as an offer but I get a different Coca Cola offer for a 2 liter bottle which does not show in the app. So it’s obviously an error. 

0 Likes

Ellenfdl
Rewards Hunter

This seems to happen with the any brand items more often. It's been terrible as of late, but if Ibotta denies and delays long enough, maybe the customer will concede. It's the old wear you down tactic. They are pros at it.

0 Likes