cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bonnie Plants @Walmart

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@cheryl_123 So glad I hadn't gotten around to planting anything yet. Last year around this time we got a 100°+ heat wave in Portland, OR. Today I woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground 😳 and it's still coming down!

The snow is really wet and I fear for the trees that already got their leaves. Branches are getting weighed down and breaking. I'm hoping this strange event doesn't affect critters' current and future food supplies, among other things. Climate change is nuts!

20220411_094849.jpg

0 Likes

MaineMom
Saver

I saw this too and was excited to just see offer on pants. I shopped through grocery pick up and my store does not have any of this brand. But could be early too for Central Maine

0 Likes

mickootay
Skilled Saver

I was super excited to see this offer over the weekend, along with an offer for Miraclegro soil. Sadly the prices on both brands are outrageous this year. 

Last year Home Depot had Miraclegro soil, .75 cf on sale for 1.99. No such luck this year. BUTTTTT, we happened to go in yesterday, and the Vigoro brand of soil is on sale for 1.99 each at HD.

I also prefer buying seeds from Burpee, and another online retailer for tomatoes. The satisfaction you get out of growing from seed is boundless! It's also much cheaper.

I started my tomatoes indoors, too cold to put outside as yet. I put green beans, and the bunnies got them, so will start afresh. 

I totally refuse to pay 4.78 per start. 

Icequeen813
Deal Master

@MaineMom  et al, Bonnie plants are grown in Florida & shipping costs outrageous with gas prices, most likely  won’t see in northeast& west coast 

cheryl_123
Core Shopper

@Francoise 😲 it sure looks beautiful but you probably are over that kind of prettiness for the season. Climate change is nuts. Last year a late frost killed the cherry blossoms in the area and wiped out much of the crop. Cherries are a big agricultural product here too. I hope your trees make it!

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@mickootay I agree about rising prices and I understand first-hand about those voracious bunnies!

Last year, my husband bought a bunch of starts at a garage sale. They were super cheap and worked out pretty good. But I did worry about what soil they used and the possibility of introducing new **bleep** varieties to our garden. Just an idea should the bunnies strike again!

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@cheryl_123 Yes! I am totally over snow at this point, even though it only snowed one other time this year, in January, as to be expected!

What a bummer about the cherries! They're my favorite fruit.

mickootay
Skilled Saver

@Francoise I start all my vegetables indoors. Going tonstart some beans right now. I don't mind the bunnies. I feed them and they have a safe haven in my yard. Here's a picture of a little one from last year.  She got run over last week.

0 Likes

MaineMom
Saver

Oh your probably rite. Yes everything is so darn expensive.  I think I'm going to start some of my vegetables inside to get a head start anyway. I still have snow melting in my yard. But today hit 60°. Woo-hoo! Thanks for the info!

0 Likes

Francoise
Skilled Saver

@mickootay Oh my! You break my heart with that news! I like the bunnies, too. I throw my broccoli stems and other scraps in the yard for them.