cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bush beer at Walmart

OBSHOP
Super Saver

Has anyone in ibotta land redeemed this offer yet? I have read the details but have a question.  I'm clear on the Bush beer portion but on the sporting good portion does it have to be a single item equal to $50.00 or multiple sporting good items before tax?  I would hate to have to deal with the Care Team about what constitutes sporting goods I see some nice lures I would like to add to my arsenal for fall bass fishing. 

Screenshot_20210924-182702_Ibotta.jpg

20210904_120609.jpg

 the 10 pounder broke my line!!

Paying full price is optional
14 Replies

Re: Bush beer at Walmart

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@OBSHOP 

I have not redeemed this offer.  To me this would be a hard pass. 

For starters, anything in sporting goods, I would almost assuredly pay a lot more for than I could find elsewhere.   I don't drink beer, but if I did Busch probably would not be one of my preferred brands.

So unless you love Busch beer, and you are willing to go back and forth over what constitutes sporting goods, maybe move along.   I would assume it is not limited to one product, but the more sporting goods products you buy, the higher the likelihood that one or more items doe not 'qualify', and then you are under $50.   And if you pad it any to make sure, then that eats into your $10.

I think you already answered your own question in your mind.    Everything has to work perfectly.  There are several things that could go wrong, and it only takes one for this deal to fail.

I'm not sure if you were hoping to have someone talk you into or out of it........lol.    But I would lean hard on the latter myself.   Good luck if you go for it though.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Rickibotta 

The details aren't very specific and I would hate to be left holding the bag on this deal.  But if anyone does complete I would like to know what kind of sporting good were purchased. Thanks for your input. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP

I would think the sporting goods part is cumulative. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase fishing gear since it is normally classed as such.

A Busch or two wouldn't hurt me, just remind me of my preference for Boston Beer.

Go for it. Be nice if you can pair with some other deals.

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Saipan 

I'm not a beer drinker, but I can easily spend $50.00 and not even break a sweat.  I'm not willing to test the waters on this offer.  I feel like some pertinent information is omitted in the details.  @LaraL can you get some clarification on this offer what constitutes sporting goods and can the sporting good portion consist of multiple items or has to be one item? In advance thank you. 

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP 

Scroll down on offer screen, SINGLE Sporting Good.

Screenshot_20210926-143152_Ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

I saw that earlier, but it adds to the confusion.  This verbiage only applies to CA.  It mentions a single $10 sporting good item in CA.  So does that mean people in CA only need to do $10, or that in addition to the $50 requirement, an additional requirement says one item must be $10 or over.  Similar questions about OH mentioning the rebate comes off the beer.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@Saipan 

I don't live in California 

Screenshot_20210926-134053_Ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

Saipan
Deal Ambassador

@OBSHOP, @Rickibotta 

So all other states, does one sporting good have to equal $50 or a cumulative set? I see the issue.

My interpretation, it says "goods" in the description.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Saipan 

Goods and services is like y'all.  It is both singular and plural.

Although personally, I use "all y'all" when plural.  

0 Likes