cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add my friend who is already an ibotta member to my team?

Mhorsley20
Rewards Hunter

My friend and I both have ibotta accounts but we want to be teammates. Is it too late or how do we become teammates?  

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Can I add my friend who is already an ibotta member to my team?

Dixiechicred4
Shopper

Following! I also would like to know how to add members or join a team. I dont have any team members. 

0 Likes

HoneyBee
Rewards Hunter

Following also!  I need a team!

Dana
Deal Expert

Your facebook friends that use ibotta are your teammates but a notification went out in the beginning of July that teammates aren't working they are trying to fix it.

Mhorsley20
Rewards Hunter

You can go to your account and refer people to join your team.  They sign up using the referral code you send 

Dixiechicred4
Shopper

thankyou for this info! I have been wondering where all my teammates that were FB friends went! @Dana 

0 Likes

Zebrachicken35
Shopper

If that's the case, then what's the point of that useless "add teammates" thread they keep posting each month?

0 Likes

mmoore01
Super Saver

The idea of Teammates to help you earn money is an interesting and fun way to save. 

Unfortunately, the original concept only included those Ibotta users who you personally signed up with your referral code.  Ibotta tried to set up Facebook as another way to add friends, but it can be complicated. 

First, not everyone uses Facebook.  Second, either their Facebook email address must be the same as the Ibotta email address or your friends on Facebook have to link to Ibotta, also.  I don't know how they do it, but those are the only ways I can think of to make it work.

At this time, only the four Monthly Bonuses use Teammates to help you get the dollar amount of the bonus.  You still have to buy the number of items required for the bonus.  From my experience, if I get the number of items required, I usually have also made the dollar amount.

If Ibotta can get Teammates working better, I suspect they will roll out additional ways to benefit from Teammates.

Until then, post your desire to have teammates in the thread for the month (a new one will be posted tomorrow).

0 Likes