cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't find items in store

RiverSong
Deal Sharer

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to find items in the store with the app. There is a button that says "can't find item" but when I click it, it asks for permission then just closes and nothing happens.  Any ideas?

8 Replies

Re: can't find items in store

Dana
Deal Expert

All stores carry what they want not every store will carry all ibotta. You can go on whatever stores website and look to see if they have it at the store you're at and what aisle ex target has this option. If not you can always ask the manager of the store to order an item for you or if they sell it and it's sold out ask when it will come back in again.

0 Likes

RiverSong
Deal Sharer

So when ibotta list an item under Publix that doesn't mean they necessarily carry that item.

0 Likes

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

I've only used the "can't find item" button once & it's been awhile. But it took me to maps & asked me to pinpoint the locations of the store that didn't carry/couldn't find the Ibotta item. It was no help to me. I think it's for Ibotta's info., primarily?

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@RiverSong  correct each store can carry what it wants so some stores will carry an item and some wont.

0 Likes

Yvonne21
Deal Sharer

Hi?! Yes I've also have that problem 😭 but when I click on "I can't find the item" it gives me a Florida map of allllllllllll the Walmart stores🤦🤦🤦🤦 and I'm like wow😖 so yes that feature on ibotta needs to be fixed by just clicking " no item found" so it can let the vendors know that their products are not sold in that stores🤔👍

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

Ibotta has no idea if an item is sold in a particular store.  Most stores have the ability to not carry a product that they can't get or can't sell.

The "Can't find this item at..." button is to let Ibotta know that you could not find this item at your store.  The map that comes up is to tell them which store in your area does not carry it.

This helps Ibotta figure out why rebates for a particular item are not being redeemed in certain areas.

0 Likes

RiverSong
Deal Sharer

Thanks for all your help, I was hoping the button was for our benefit in store while shopping. But if it helps ibotta list offers that apply correctly and I dont waste time searching for things that aren't in the store then that saves me time.  So I hope it ends up helping them.

Yvonne21
Deal Sharer

You're welcome! 

I check in to ibotta and click the offers at my local store Walmart. But some of the items I am eager to try it out, but unfortunately some if the greatest products advertised at ibotta under Walmart there not there🙈

0 Likes