cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Can't get matching Bic offer to credit

cbrown3255
Deal Sharer

When I scan my receipt from Walgreens 3/09 where I purchased two Bic Soleil razors Ibotta doesn't pick up the selected offer, but when I scan the razors it says it matches.  Where do I go from there to get credit?

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Can't get matching Bic offer to credit

Saving4Fun

@cbrown3255 there are multiple points in the submission process where I’ve had issues with offers being missed, dropped, and/or lost. Can you tell me specifically what point in the process? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

cbrown3255
Deal Sharer

I purchased two Bic Soleil on 3/9.  On 3/12 the offer reset for $6 for the purchase of two.  I clipped it and uploaded my Walgreens receipt.  It says "Add 1 purchase $0.10"  At the top I scan the product.  It says "We found offers".  Below the upc it shows the $6.00 back Bic Premium Razors and $.10 back any brand milk which I didn't buy.  I don't know how to go further because I get the "Are you sure..."  I submitted a ticket with pics attached of the front and back of the product and the receipt.  The reply I received asked for a copy of the full receipt.  I replied that was submitted as an attachment on the original email.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@cbrown3255 yes, I know exactly what you’re describing. It’s happened to me before, and it’s very frustrating. I’ve not found any way to add an offer once you’re in the submission process. Even when I use the find more function, it shows it to me, but I can’t add it. I just exit out, make sure the offer is selected and showing on my list, then I keep trying until it identifies it automatically, or it shows in my list with the option for me to identify it. I select it and submit. That’s the only point where I’m able to add it to the submission. Scanning to find it has never worked for me. If the offer isn’t showing in my list, I’ve not found a way to add it. Hopefully someone in the support center will come across your ticket and actually read it. That’s the other frustrating part. Often times, you get an initial reply from an entry-level team member who hasn’t read your entire ticket, and they choose from a list of automatic replies to request documentation, which often times was already submitted. I think this is meant to ensure a ticket has all necessary information when it finally reaches the level of support they actually corrects the issue, but far too often, this process fails miserably, because I’ll get three different “auto” replies from entry level asking me for different types of documentation, which I’ve already attached. I just continue to reply, let them know the documentation is already attached, and I request that someone read my entire ticket to address the issue. It takes a few days and persistence. I’ve even had them close my ticket and mark it as solved when it wasn’t solved. You have the option to create a follow-up ticket, which I do that and I create a new ticket. Eventually, it makes it in front of the right person, but the process needs major improvements. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@cbrown3255 there are multiple points in the submission process where I’ve had issues with offers being missed, dropped, and/or lost. Can you tell me specifically what point in the process? 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

cbrown3255
Deal Sharer

I purchased two Bic Soleil on 3/9.  On 3/12 the offer reset for $6 for the purchase of two.  I clipped it and uploaded my Walgreens receipt.  It says "Add 1 purchase $0.10"  At the top I scan the product.  It says "We found offers".  Below the upc it shows the $6.00 back Bic Premium Razors and $.10 back any brand milk which I didn't buy.  I don't know how to go further because I get the "Are you sure..."  I submitted a ticket with pics attached of the front and back of the product and the receipt.  The reply I received asked for a copy of the full receipt.  I replied that was submitted as an attachment on the original email.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

Walgreens receipts usually find items on the receipt automatically.

It sounds like it found the BIC offer AND the milk.  I am assuming you tried to remove the milk.  Once that was completed, you should have submitted the offer.

The milk would still show, but would not be highlighted.  Only the BIC offer would have a teal colored circle on the left.  You should be able to submit it.

You can try to submit it again.  You have up to 7 days.  If it goes through, be sure to update your request to have it closed.  If it still doesn't work, it takes a couple of days for Ibotta to respond.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Saving4Fun

@cbrown3255 yes, I know exactly what you’re describing. It’s happened to me before, and it’s very frustrating. I’ve not found any way to add an offer once you’re in the submission process. Even when I use the find more function, it shows it to me, but I can’t add it. I just exit out, make sure the offer is selected and showing on my list, then I keep trying until it identifies it automatically, or it shows in my list with the option for me to identify it. I select it and submit. That’s the only point where I’m able to add it to the submission. Scanning to find it has never worked for me. If the offer isn’t showing in my list, I’ve not found a way to add it. Hopefully someone in the support center will come across your ticket and actually read it. That’s the other frustrating part. Often times, you get an initial reply from an entry-level team member who hasn’t read your entire ticket, and they choose from a list of automatic replies to request documentation, which often times was already submitted. I think this is meant to ensure a ticket has all necessary information when it finally reaches the level of support they actually corrects the issue, but far too often, this process fails miserably, because I’ll get three different “auto” replies from entry level asking me for different types of documentation, which I’ve already attached. I just continue to reply, let them know the documentation is already attached, and I request that someone read my entire ticket to address the issue. It takes a few days and persistence. I’ve even had them close my ticket and mark it as solved when it wasn’t solved. You have the option to create a follow-up ticket, which I do that and I create a new ticket. Eventually, it makes it in front of the right person, but the process needs major improvements. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I hope I understand what happened.

When you scan a Walgreens receipt, it should find the items on your receipt because Walgreens has the UPC listed on the receipt. 

It should show one offer found and the $6.00 amount at the bottom. It already found your item, just press the button at the bottom.  It should then show your one item.  Hit the button again to submit.

Do not use the search.  It may find your item, but you can't add it.

The way to add items is to scroll down through all the offers and select it.  You shouldn't have to do this with Walgreens. 

After you find your item, you will need to scan the UPC.  Again,  you usually don't need to do this with Walgreens.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes