cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Colgate for everyone at Target

TXbelle
Deal Expert

My mwmm is 5/ $1. I had a $2 off 1 pq from yesterday's newspaper, $3 TC DQ off the keep toothbrushes, and a $3 TCdq off the Colgate Renewal toothpaste. Plus another $3 CDC off a second keep toothbrush, 2 $1 CDC off 2 more tubes of Colgate Total toothpastes. With 6 items, I should get 2 $5 gc's, right? Plans don't always pan out as expected. The gc's didn't come up but the Target clerk made it happen; my pq went onto the Renewal (6th item but not on Ibotta, but that cost me $4 in coupons) not one of the Totals, Then I tried to upload my receipt to CDD and got error msgs. None of the Totals had a coupon attached and I bought 2 keep starter kits so should be able to use 1 CDC coupon for 1 and both of the$1 off of Total toothpastes for $5 cash back. Sent a problem report and have pictures but it shouldn't have to be so much trouble. Ibotta was quick and accurate, got the any toothbrush for my 5th offer to complete bonus for a total of $17.10. And the clerk gave me $10 cash instead of gift cards (would have been fine with the GCs). So far my oop is $8.03; I think I will get the $5 from CDC eventually. Part of the fine print says up to 2 coupons for 2 of the same item per day! I followed the rules. CDC is very hard to deal with when there's a problem and they seem to find issues where none exist. Twice I sent in reports because the terms were confusing. They explained and I understood that I shouldn't have requested cash back, but then they want me to resend the receipt 🤔. If this stuff keeps up with the app, I'm going to uninstall it and just print paper ones.

Lessons learned.

IMG_20210816_133936216.jpg

0 Likes

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@MeLMeL11   Et al. Cross-posting this here as it deals with the Target Toothpaste MM deal I did today. 
https://community.ibotta.com/t5/hauls-wins/target-toothpaste-mm-amp-6-mwmm/td-p/53357

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@TXbelle  I, too, had to request the $5 GC. So stinky, especially since it appears both on signage in-store as well as in their paper ad that this is an in store deal as well as an online deal. But, in my experience, Target always sides with the customer and they did so (thankfully for both of us!) again today!

Nique
Rewards Advocate

That Colgate gift card situation is crazy. Thanks for sharing your experience @Tikiki. I don't do the GC deals often, partly because I don't understand the math. It's like they charge me more because I'm getting a gift card. Once I questioned it, and CS gave me the difference, but I don't care to deal with that. It may just be my store's computers.

Target does usually make it right whether in-store or by phone. The other day I did a price adjustment on a recent purchase that had gone on sale, made a return where I had used a coupon, and made a purchase with a coupon issue--all as smooth as possible. I didn't have to say much at all.

My only recent negative experience was with the free pens. The coupon didn't come off. Went to CS and was told that I was already getting a discount and that discounts cannot be combined. Huh? I explained that it's ON SALE. Of course Target accepts coupons on sale items, and it comes up in their app. How one can work in CS and not know something so basic was surprising, but I was not going to argue over pens, so I just asked for my money back. It wasn't my usual store. 

Tags (1)

TXbelle
Deal Expert

@Nique , I got the Bic pens for $0.99 each and used a pq for $2 off 2 pkgs. The receipt took $0.98 off each costing me 1¢ for each. Bazaar but not worth griping about. The big deal was the $10 gift cards, which I got cash instead.

Still haven't gotten a response from CDC. Has anyone had problems with Coupons.com app not taking your receipt?

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@MeLMeL11 @Nique @TXbelle @OBSHOP 

So, I couldn’t just let those $5 dental offers (used two $5IB here) sit there in IB…

So I went back. This tîme, the GC issued automatically. GC/DQs/PQs stacked nicely and ended up paying .29 oop before tax for these three:

B69D3A04-C459-46F3-9772-AB4DCE9D1EFC.jpeg

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@Tikiki 

You are on fire!!

The keeps offer renewed in my Target gallery.  All of the remaining Colgate offers I had expired today.  I was able to redeem 6 of the Colgate offers.

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@OBSHOP   🔥🔥🔥🔥

Nique
Rewards Advocate

Go @Tikiki! Thank you for posting. I enjoy seeing all the deals. You can edit by clicking the little arrow/circle to the right of the heading. I believe we have 24 hrs.

I shopped Target today. No toothpaste though--I'm not allowing myself to buy any more.

I'm 3 offers from meeting my bonus, but I have two easy freebie options and am hoping for some useful "any brand" offers tomorrow.

Tikiki
Rewards Advocate

@Nique I was able to edit it! TYSM!!! 🙂