cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused

Russk1979
Rewards Hunter

Anyone else ever buy something that looks exactly like the product in the picture only to then scan the item and the product not match?  Just happened to me with muscle milk pro series. Only thing I can figure is that the “select varieties” doesn’t include the chocolate. But then why did you make the picture chocolate??? Sometimes this app doesn’t seem worth it. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Confused

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Russk1979 

This happens from time to time,  This is why the #1 rule of ibotta is 'always scan UPC at store to verify match.'

When this happens, I always send pics to ibotta.  It sometimes can just be that a UPC is not entered into their database properly.

I know it is frustrating, but we are blessed that they have so many offers, that when one doesn't work out. I try to remember all the deals I did get.

What store is it for?  What quantity did you get?  What size?  Was it a 4-pack or single?

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

@Rickibotta referred to it, but if you scan the UPC multiple times (usually 2), the app will ask you if this item should be included in this rebate.  It will ask you to take a picture of the front of the package.

The last time I did this, they approved the item in about 3 hours and I was able to scan my receipt with no problem.

Muscle Milk has been introducing some new varieties and these may not be included.  One of my stores had a Sugar Free version, but the regular version is already No Sugar, so I didn't understand it.  Also, there is a 20g Protein variety, but it doesn't apply to the 25g rebate. 

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

Thanks for the additional details.   I was heading there with the details, but then lost my train of thought...lol.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"