cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confusion about walmart grocery delivery, walmart.com, and in-store

mkauffman426
Rewards Hunter

Hello,

My walmart grocery is linked to Ibotta. Do I also have access to Walmart.com or Walmart in-store options, or are the offers different for grocery delivery. Also, even thogh my Walmart grocery delivery account is linked, my Walmart in-store is not. Is that normal? Thanks so much!!

Also, is there a way to see all of the offers in a simple list at one time?

Thanks!

Melissa

0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: confusion about walmart grocery delivery, walmart.com, and in-store

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@mkauffman426  I don't do delivery or pick up so I can't help you with that.  You can look at the offers you added by picking a store and then tapping on your shopping list.  If you want to remove items from your list (thanks @dana ), just click on edit on the top and remove.   Hope that helps a little.

Also, even if your accounts are linked, if you are shopping IN STORE, you have to scan your receipt.

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

From the ibotta home screen, you can choose the store you want to view, from there you can view ALL of the offers available at that store (typically Walmart & Walmart grocery have same offers). 

If one offer is available at multiple stores, you can activate it once and it will be available at all the stores listed.

I don't know if that helps....?

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

It is VERY confusing.  Yes, many (most) of the offers under Walmart in Store and Walmart Pickup & Delivery are the same.  But they are not all available on both and some are only available on one or the other.  Be sure to read the details for each rebate. 

Walmart in store - You can link your account or submit your receipt. 

• If you link your account, you must use Walmart Pay in the Walmart app to have Walmart send the information to Ibotta. This may be a little easier, but it takes longer and you don't have a way to verify anything. 
  • I prefer scanning the TC# from the receipt.  It is faster (almost immediately) and you can check if everything was found before sending it.

Walmart Pickup & Delivery - You must link Ibotta with your Walmart account.  But you have two options:

1. You can select Walmart Pickup & Delivery, then Shop Walmart Pickup & Delivery at the top of this screen.  You will then go to Walmart Pickup & Delivery.  This allows you to earn the Storewide $.50 bonus (can take up to 90 days to earn).
  2. You can simply shop on your phone or computer and place your order with Walmart Pickup & Delivery.  Since Ibotta is linked to your Walmart account, Walmart sends the information to Ibotta.  You won't get the $.50 bonus.

For both options, turn substitutions off for Ibotta items.  If Walmart substitutes another item, you won't get the Ibotta rebate.

Walmart Online - You must go through the Ibotta app and select Online Shopping, then Walmart Online.  Currently, you will earn a percentage of your order for certain categories: Toys, Photo Center, Beauty Supplies, Pet Supplies, Kids & Nursery, Personal Care.  Items purchased under other categories don't count.  Please read all the details for each category.  Also, these categories could change.  

For me, I submit my receipt for all in store purchases.  I do have Walmart Pickup & Delivery linked with Ibotta since this is the only option.  But I find it is easier to do my own shopping.  The last time I did Pickup & Delivery, it took 45 minutes for them to bring out my groceries.

remboroy
Rewards Hunter

Like most big retailers, Walmart contracts with a third-party company to do its deliveries and hire its delivery people. Those of us who deliver for Walmart are hired by Delivery Drivers Inc., which powers Walmart-owned delivery platform called Spark.visit wegmans

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I want to thank you the detailed post, and I have learned one thing.   

I will NEVER do anything with WM other than in-store unlinked.

This is a complete mess.  So convoluted, and so not intuitive.

So many things one can do wrong.

I read your post 5 times, and I am not sure I understand any better than I did before.   It has nothing to do with your explanation; it is just a mess to follow, I  have a headache now, and  I am seriously thinking of having a glass of wine at this point......lol.

For those of you who do  WM delivery and pickup out of necessity, I wish you the best.  I would print out mmoore01's post so you don't lose it.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

For Pickup or Delivery, it would make things SO MUCH EASIER if Walmart simply rang everything up on a register and gave each customer a paper receipt.  Then I would simply scan the receipt into Ibotta and I would be done!  No waiting, no missed items, none of these problems.

Of course, that would mean that Walmart would have to change their process, but I would do the Pickup or Delivery option if I knew I would get a paper receipt.

But that's just me, I guess.

0 Likes

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@Rickibotta   It's really not that hard 🙂  I do have my WM acct linked to Delivery/PU b/c I use it on occasion when Ibotta offers Delivery/PU bonuses!.  Other than that, it's in store shopping and scanning the TC #!  AFA Deliver/PU, when you click the WM shop-through link on Ibotta, it takes you to WM delivery.  As long as you have selected offers from Ibotta, it will show a match for that item.  Like, if I search Oui yogurt on WM, it will show me that there's an Ibotta offer for  .40 wyb 2.  Makes it pretty easy to see that you will get credit for that item once you place the order.  Same applies if you use the Ibotta extension, but you can then use your phone to add offers to your list while you're making your WM order.   The only downside is waiting 24 hrs after p/u to get credit.  Other than that, I have to say between having Target or WM linked, I'd go with WM!  

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MelissaR 

And you can still have WM in-store unlinked as well.  So that is the best of both worlds

I guess I won't rule it out forever, just for a whlle.........lol

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes