cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core bars are taking over my refrigerator!

Questular
Deal Sharer

Just wanted to show off my free Core bar collection. I do eat them, but not nearly as quickly as Ibotta and (mostly) Target want to give them to me for free. And I have multiple free offers in Ibotta right now! I think I might actually have to skip them!

PXL_20211122_232055024.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Core bars are taking over my refrigerator!

Janet1964
Super Saver

@Questular 

I freeze them in ziploc bags for my hubby. I probably have about two times that many in every flavor. I leave about four of each flavor in the fridge. They make a cheap filler if you need just a few items short of a bonus and it goes sideways in the store.

0 Likes

Nique
Deal Ambassador

Looks like you have more than Target!

At one point I had around 20. Now I’m down to half that. They’re not my favorite, but make for a convenient snack when out and about.

0 Likes

Questular
Deal Sharer

Freezing is a great idea, if it finally comes to that. I do end up buying more that I obviously have no immediate need for it it helps with a bonus. Besides one that maybe even from the side you can kind of tell has different packaging, mine mostly expire well into 2022.

I used to eat things like these Core bars more often for breakfast, but like many, my SO and I got more into baking during the pandemic, and I'd much rather reach for a fresh muffin. They're still great for lazy times or after a run.I

'm just so confused as to why they don't want anyone to ever have to pay for one of these things...

LizH4011
Core Shopper

Do you find these refrigerated in stores? It would be really helpful if Ibotta told us where items can usually be found in stores. I've been looking in the granola and protein bar aisles.

0 Likes

Ibotta-Addict
Skilled Saver

Yes, @LizH4011, they are refrigerated. Depending on the store, I've found them near the yogurts (e.g., Walmart) and/or in a fridge in the produce section (e.g. Safeway). Unfortunately, I'm unable to find them at my Kroger/Smiths/Frys stores. 

0 Likes

mom2furkids
Deal Ambassador

@LizH4011 Yes, these bars are refrigerated. At both the Kroger and Walmart stores I shop at they are next to the yogurt.

Saipan
Super Saver

I group the whole lot by expiration date, irrelevant of variety. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

They used to be with the granola bars at my Krogers.     Then the boxes used to be there empty for a long time.   Then the shelf tags and slots disappeared for them.   Since they have become refrigerated, I have not seen them at any Kroger , although they show up in stock at all the stores.    I always find the Perfect bars, but never the Core bars.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes