cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupons.com App Issue

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

For those who have used the Coupons.com app, it changed within the last month.  I am trying to submit my receipt for an offer, but it is not working correctly.

Here is the scenario:

There are TWO Axe deodorant offers. The first is if you purchase TWO.  The second offer is if you only buy 1.  I have activated both offers.

I bought only ONE Axe deodorant.  However, the app appears to default to the first offer, the one for TWO and will not let me submit the receipt for only ONE.

If anyone else has had this problem, I would be interested in knowing how you got around it.

I have attempted to contact Coupons.com, but thought someone already came across this issue. 

Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Coupons.com App Issue

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@mmoore01 

I had the same thing happen to me with Suave, so I've learned to only activate before I go shopping.

There is no way to remove from your list once it is there though

The only solution I see is the one you do.  Either buy 2 and redeem that first, and then the single one after.

Or don't redeem.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

Are you finding the coupons.com app to be pretty good overall? I use the site to print coupons frequently but haven't tried the app yet. 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

The Coupons.com app is completely different.  Instead of printing out coupons to your printer, you can submit your receipt for items listed in their app.  In the old app, you would take pictures of your receipt and then tell them what items you purchased.  The new app still takes pictures of your receipt, but you simply scan the UPC of the item you purchased and they find the offers that match.  

The App pays you to your PayPal account.  No waiting until you get $20.  It is sent immediately to your PayPal account.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

Cool and thanks for the info mmoore!

0 Likes

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

Do they have alot of the same offers Ibotta does or not to much? I just started doi g Kroger cash back as well but they don't have hardly any of the same as ibotta. I was hoping to be able to stack a little more using both as much as possible.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Donna2 

I am still trying to 'figure it out'.   Yes, the coupons.com app is basically just another rebate site. 

Stacking with MQs

You can't stack with MQs.  You should not count on any rebates if using MQs.

If you use PQs, and they aren't 'interpreted' by the store scanning software to list the item's name or UPC code, stacking likely will work.  (This likely rules out WM; I believe most MQs tend to get placed below the item it applies to.    By contrast, Kroger just shows at the bottom of the receipt something like SCANNED COUPON  $1.50). 

Aside from that, I find it has been hit or miss, which seems to indicate there is a degree of manual verification perhaps.  (all of this is further coimplicated because some stores' coupons are tied into coupons.com itself.  You can see these by looking at the DIGITAL COUPONS tab on the website.)

So if you treat it as 'bonus money', I am a big fan.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Donna2 

Don't give up on KCB/ibotta matches.   I find them all the time, and that is where I get incredible deals.

0 Likes