cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit for items I didn't buy?

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

Hello all, TIA for any help. I've had a handful of issues with the app over the last few days. I've gotten credit twice for something I didn't purchase.

1. The Any Item offer for diaper rash cream at Food Lion. I did purchase a 'baby' item, Gerber Oatmeal, the day it said I got the credit, but definitely not diaper cream.

2. Kellogg's Bonus for buying three boxes of Special K from Target. I did buy Special K from Walmart grocery-pickup and edited my cart a few times, so I don't know if maybe some wires got crossed?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has had an issue with this.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Credit for items I didn't buy?

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@saverraver  Sometimes the "any" offers will attach to other items.  For example, any popcorn attached to chips.  Diaper/baby items will often give you credit for the "any" items if they are in the same baby category.  Any tea was also attaching to random drinks.

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

Oh, thank you! I wondered if that might be the case, since they were both baby items. 🙂 Thanks again!

0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

Sometimes, "Any Item" offers have a broader data base than you expect.  So there are times when I scanned an item to confirm if it was correct for a particular offer, and an "any item" offer i did not expect also popped up.  Yay!

As for your Kellogg's offer,  I don't know exactly what your offer qualifies for,  but in my experience, sometimes a certain product qualifies for 2 offers with one purchase. That's an exciting moment in the life of an ibotta enthusiast. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

saverraver
Rewards Hunter

Thank you for your reply, that makes sense! I appreciate the help. I like the idea of hitting a bingo without even realizing it, lol.

ETA: it was a "buy three boxes of Kellogg's cereal in three separate transactions from Target" bonus deal. I also had an order from Walmart for a specific size of Special K, and I did get that, and edited my cart I have no idea how many times, so I'm thinking maybe it just counted it more than once.

0 Likes