cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDITS and BONUSES, are they worth the time & trouble?

GOTnosatisfacti
Rewards Hunter

Where to begin?  I'm Brand New to Ibotta and already questioning my decision to do so. Unlike other Sites that Publicly advertise a "$20 WELCOME BONUS" when you sign up as a new Member. Now I'm finding out that MANY hoops have to be jumped thru before EARNING that "BONUS", making it nearly impossible to do unless U've nothing to do with your time but keep checklists of What U need to buy, from Where and WHEN! Additionally, as I read from a Member a few minutes ago, the Customer Service area with Ibotta seems to be Non-Existent. as a first time Member/User here, i sent a Request for HELP last week, TWICE, and when i finally received some sort of Reply, it was very Generic and did not address my Question/Request in ANY way. THAT is disheartening! .While asking for Help, i still had no idea that the Welcome Bonus wasn't just with my 1st Purchase but needed to have purchased Specific items from Specific Stores etc. I happen to live HOURS away from any Retail Chain stores, Those demands will Never fit in my life. That's why I buy Everything online that isn't available at our lil local market. I'm sad, as I had such HI Hopes for this new CASH BACK shopping site. Please tell me Members, how DO U make this site work successfully for you? I'd really like to know...?? Thx

6 Replies

Re: CREDITS and BONUSES, are they worth the time & trouble?

Dana
Deal Expert

Ive been using it since it started and yes the $20 is in 3 parts $10, $5 and $5 there are plenty of stores online that are on ibotta. I only use it for things I normally buy I don't buy things just to get a rebate back like a lot of people do that's not saving angdmaking money. As for cs they are for problems lost credit locked out change a number password etc not for asking how ibotta works. look in this group top of the page how ibotta works it's also in the app read it. You do not even have to do the bonuses just go for the rebates. If you think it's too much for you then you can just cancel your account no one can make that decision for you.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@GOTnosatisfacti 

The online portion of ibotta is still in its infancy.  It is heavily being promoted with WM for delivery and pickup, although there are many merchants you can shop online with.  For non-grocery online orders, it can take up to 90 days to get your money back.   That is pretty par for the course with traditional click-thru CB sites.  We see a lot of complaints from people trying to get the extension purchases working, and a lot with linked accounts.

You should have a LOT of patience to take on ibotta from merely an online approach.   I personally wouldn't do it, but that is up to you.   I personally think there are many better options out there that are more established for online shopping. 

But they ALL are rife with issues and I never count on getting the cash.   It is rather hit and miss.   And any time you have an issue with any item, sometimes even a different item on the order, it will invalidate your cashback.  

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Holley4brl
Rewards Hunter

Hi, I just recently signed up with Ibotta and as the primary bread winner in my house, I have to say this app has been such a blessing   I am a couponer, and I could see where not being a couponer would make it more difficult. If you have social media, I suggest following some pages or bloggers that post Ibotta deals. Last month they gave a deal for a free Thanksgiving meal, the turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole fixings, gravy, and even drinks. And in one month alone I earned $80+ for my house hold. Stick with it and if you have any questions I can try to help. 

Newsaver
Shopper

Yes, I just got the app 3-4 weeks ago and I already have cashed out a Walmart gift card witch I used online. Anyway though don’t buy things just for rebates, be smart and be on the look out for bonuses like the 10$ and 1$ bonus when you redeem 15 offers. The app makes it’s members around 20 a month depending on the cash back that month and the bonuses that mouth. This mouth matched my usually items pretty well

0 Likes

Sourapple_girl0
Rewards Hunter

I thought that if I was to reach the 20$ for a month that it would carry over to the next month but it didn't.  I didn't even know that you could get a 20$ to start this.  I have also found out that you can not change the item on their list but if you click on the product it looks like you can get them from another store. 

0 Likes

Juvmaro
Deal Sharer

Not living near retail will make Ibotta more challenging.  You'll have to do your homework before you go.  But, if you're willing to download your stores' apps (Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc) you can price compare and plot your shopping list.  I joined Ibotta in October 2019, and did it periodically.  Finally, this summer, I thought about getting a second job, but decided to put a little more effort into Ibotta and other shopping apps instead.  My monthly average in rebates and rewards is about $250.  So, I figured the time I put into Ibotta/apps is equivalent to a part-time job.  So, it worked out.

0 Likes