cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deal tags

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey folks,

We're testing out an idea where you can now tag deal-related posts with "EXPIREDDEAL", that way there's more clarity on when a deal is no longer valid and/or no longer being offered. I tagged this post to give you an example.

Overall this is to make it easier for you all to find deals that are worth taking action on, so if you have any feedback or recommendations in general, send me a message and there's a good chance we'll add it in.

EDIT: For the time being it looks like you're only able to add tags, and not remove them. Removing them requires editing the post, which is still limited to 24 hours. So, because of that, I increased the time window where you can edit posts to a much higher number. We'll test this out for a few days and see how it goes.

Tags (1)
31 Replies

Re: Deal tags - ACTIVE or EXPIRED

What-Shot
Super Saver

Help me understand: Does this mean that each poster is responsible to mark their own posts as expired?

How/where to accomplish this when in editing mode? Simply add a tag: EXPIRED? 

Would it be possible to accomplish this great idea in the same way we mark our posts as "resolved"? 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Dean

@LaraL  Good Idea. I tried to edit an old post but seems like the 24 hour limit is still on. 

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.
0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

It's not required or anything, simply a tool you all can use if you choose to do so.

You should be able to add tags via the grey text below a post as shown here:

Screenshot at May 20 12-50-33.png

Unfortunately I don't have a way to implement it at the extent of "Accepted solutions" but if this gets used enough, I'll look into having that functionality built out.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Dean are you not able to "Add tags" outside of the 24 hours as well?

0 Likes

Dean

@LaraL  Sorry. I was expecting something in the pull down menu. I was able to add a tag. It's on the Target Circle post I wrote about two weeks ago.

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok great! Unfortunately there isn't an easier way to do it at the moment, but as I mentioned I can likely get something built in like you described if it turns out to be a popular function.

0 Likes

Dean

I've been reading the Khoros Community forum and the closest I've seen is someone modified the Accept As Solution function to mark expired posts. Not an easy solution. Maybe we should just include expiration dates when writing posts, either in the text, labels, or tags.

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Sure, that makes sense to me. It's ultimately up to those of you that use the platform to decide which method you want to use, and whichever method seems the most utilized, I'll work on expanding and making it more convenient.

0 Likes

Dean

One question: Is it possible for us to list the topics we started? I don't have a lot of posts so it was easy for me to find mine but others have a lot to search through.

0 Likes