cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate offers

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey everyone,

Some of you may have seen duplicate offers like the one shown below ($1.12 blue Core bar). Our official position on these is that they are created in error, and should not both be used. If you see a duplicate, please let me know. It's worth noting that exploiting these can lead to an account hold and investigation into your account, so I highly recommend only using one, and avoiding any duplicate offers.

If anyone feels they need additional clarification on this, let me know in the thread below.

Image from iOS (5).png

117 Replies

Re: Duplicate offers

TXbelle
Rewards Advocate

I have a question about this. I have a Sprouts account that is linked. I got a Rowdy mermaid kombucha ( first I got 2 then discovered that I needed to buy 1 and then buy the Rowdy mermaid adaptonic, which is not an Ibotta offer, so I could get the digital coupon from Sprouts). The receipts reflect the return and the new purchase. In addition, I bought 1 Brown Cow that my gallery said that I had 1 offer for 50¢. I also bought 1 package of Bubbies Mochi. I checked all of the barcodes before purchase, including the Rowdy mermaid adaptonic which said it was not a match, which was when I realized I was looking at the wrong product. Since my account is linked, I can't scan my receipt and manually put it in. Overnight, the receipt was submitted and accepted. I think I got bonus credit on the June level 1 bonus but not on my weekend warrior bonus. I posted a question about that but now I think it's because the Ibotta bots gave me 2 offers for the Brown Cow and recorded 2 Rowdy mermaid kombucha rebates. Long story short, I don't want trouble for what was an automated error. If it needs to be fixed, please let it be done. I still think I should get bonus credits for the three offers that are legitimate. Can you help? Do I need to unlink my Sprouts account? I shop there regularly so I don't want everything to get messed up. I have heard of lots of problems with Target linked accounts being very problematic even when they're unlinked(which is why I haven't linked mine).

I'm sorry for the long story, but I love using Ibotta and don't want to have any trouble.

Skim
Core Shopper

I’m sure this is going to be an issue for me as I just picked up my Walmart grocery order and in that order was a Core bar.  Do I notify CS immediately or wait for my receipt to go through ? 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hi @TXbelle

If we mistakenly over-credit you for something like this, don't worry about it. We're working on refining these systems but as long as there isn't blatant exploitation of offer errors, you should have nothing to worry about. I realize it's not exactly black and white with this sort of thing, but in your case you should be totally fine.

I don't think you need to unlink your Sprouts account, but I will make sure other teams are aware that this sort of issue can exist for our savers. Sorry for any confusion this added into your experience!

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Skim did you redeem both offers in the app for your purchase or only one of them?

Skim
Core Shopper

I could have sworn that I did but now I only see one and it’s save $2.25 if I buy two ..which I didn’t do (of course) so ..I actually am relieved. 
Thank you anyways. 

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok yeah you should be fine.

Amsta
Deal Sharer

@LaraL  I had duplicate offers for Zantac a $3 and a $1.50  and I removed the $1.50 offer but Ibotta credited me for both anyway. It was at Walmart. Do I need to submit a ticket?    

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@Amsta I checked out your account a minute ago and from I can tell everything is fine apart from the lockout (associated with cashing out too soon after redeeming offers), so I would say there's no need. Do keep me posted though once you hear something from our Care team.

Loves2Save
Skilled Saver

I have two .10 any baby food offers in my account. Thought it was linked to two different baby food offers and consider getting something, but will know better now.