cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Earned the Haystack Bonus And scored Big Savings.

Dixiechicred4
Shopper

Clearly I need to be checking everyday! Lol.... 

Purplefrk830_
Deal Sharer

I'm new to the community and I'm not understanding how you bought all of your groceries and spent as little as you did. Maybe I don't understand how Ibotta works as much as I thought I did. Can you help me to learn and understand how to save money on my grocery bill. Please and thank you.

Debi Hebner

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Purplefrk830_   From what  @Glammy said in her amazing post, it sounds like she combined store coupons, paper coupons and various aps to get great savings.  

I would start small using local coupons, digital coupons on coupons.com to print.  See what offers Ibotta has (some stores like Walmart have multiple FREE after rebates) and combine them with your sales.

I shop at ShopRite and Stop & Shop - I upload the store offers to my card and combine them with rebates and printable or paper coupons (stores by me do not allow you to use digital coupons on the card and paper coupons together) and then store sales.  I also mix in a lot of Walmart because their prices seem to be the cheapest anywhere and Target (again combining with Target circle offers)

Then I combine various offers on rebate aps such as Ibotta, Fetch, CoinOut, Savingstar, Checkout 51, Shopkick, Swagkicks (etc. I know other people also use Receipt Hog and others) to get the best deals.  Some aps don't allow you to combine them (Savingstar and Checkout 51 are owned by the same company). 

Now that I've confused your more - you can look for my other Haul postings where I went more into detail. I work from home so I'm generally around and pop on and off all day.

Glammy

I forgot about the store coupons I do go to the Store App and activated their coupons as well. My Shop&Stop coupons were digital from their App. 

Glammy

@Dixiechicred4 @Thanks for you response. Just one caveat. I received and activated the Farm bonus but did not ship to complete it. When it expired I got the text for the Haystack Bonus and activated and completed it.

Glammy

@Purplefrk830_ About 3 weeks ago I posted this under “Tricks a Boatload”. In the replies lots of additional points were added. Good luck!

IBOTTA: Tips For Maximizing Earnings

1. Download and use the Ibotta App
  2. Add rebates to to your list in the App before going shopping. 
  3. DO NOT Add rebates from the general tabs: Hot Items, Buy Again, Hot Items, Best For you. ADD ITEMS from the official categories: Dairy & Eggs, Pantry, Beverages etc. 
  4. Note all rebates are not available at all retailers, the available rebates vary. 
  5. Recommend logging in to the wifi at your store when shopping and check the ”product bar codes” in the Ibotta App before purchasing rebate items. Also check that you have added the rebate to your shopping list for the retailer in the App. 
  6. Linking your store card sounds good but they need to do better with this feature. This takes up to 3 days and often does not capture all the rebates. I tried it but have since unlinked my cards. It works about 50% of the time and have to write and submit photos to resolve the missing rebates. 
  7. I usually take a photo of the rebate offers in case I need to submit them if I fail to get the credit. Note if you use an offer it usually disappears for about 24 hours (from all retailers), even if you did not get the credit.  They reappear about 90% of the time in 24 hours if they haven’t expired. 
  8. If purchasing a lot of items at the store, I recommend ringing up your rebate items on a separate (shorter) receipt. 
  9. While you will earn the rebate  when Purchasing multiple items of the same offer, the purchase will only counts as ONE item for bonuses. 
  10. YOU MUST purchase rebate items  On different days (24 hrs apart) to earn your bonuses. Remember that offers disappear for 24 hours (even if available from multiple retailers) when used before they can be added to your list again. Purchasing the item at multiple retailers on the same day will count as 1 for your bonus offers. 
  11. Note you may use paper Or electronic coupons on the rebate items you purchase if they are available. 
  12. When redeeming Your rebates: If the first submission does not recognize all your rebates, resubmit the Receipt again immediately. That usually captures all your rebates. 
  13. If you did not get credit for all your rebates, submit a copy of your receipt for consideration along with photos of your offers if you have them.  This works about 80% of the time for about 90% of the missing credits. 

Tags (1)

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Glammy  and lets not forget about the Friday Freebie at Stop and Shop.  Has to be loaded on Friday - but generally good for 2 weeks, so I try to make 1 trip there every 2 weeks and pick up both.  (but sadly none this week).  I find their prices to be higher, unless there are weekend 3 day sales. 

I also do downtime dollars at Shoprite  - Click on the Three lines on the left (Shoprite website)  then Savings and more - and then watch little videos for .10 each.  You can either send to your card when you get to $1 for an automatic discount, or wait til $3 and send it then.   Not sure what other stores participate sorry. 

Icequeen813
Deal Master

Ok, I “succumbed to “peer pressure” & got the Haystack bonus, however I didn’t score big... never do, 

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813  LOL "peer pressure".  If you save .50. You are ahead of the game.

And just an aside. We read LOL as L-O-L.  My kids say "lole" when they are humoring me.

0 Likes