cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entire Receipt rejected twice , what now?

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

Looking for suggestions, advice, support. I submitted a ticket to Ibotta. Yesterday I had a Publix receipt rejected. The 1st time, I thought it was a bad picture, so resubmitted, but was rejected again. They think it's a fake receipt, it appears. It's just a regular receipt from Publix. I shop in stores only. I do not link anything. 

How do I prove my receipt is real, I have pictures of receipt, front and back of the items and screen shots of the offers. 

Can I continue to do other offers at ibotta while waiting on this ticket? I am scared to do anything! 

0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Entire Receipt rejected twice , what now?

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Hey @Savingcraze

Would you mind sending me more details via private message? I'll reach out to you to get the conversation started and anything you can provide to help me find more information will be appreciated.

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@LaraL thank you so much for responding and helping. 

eyekim
Deal Sharer

I had the only receipt Walgreens would give me rejected also. 

I will be returning everything. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

@eyekim did you receive a reason for the rejection? Might be worth trying to resubmit it as sometimes the lighting can cause issues with how it is read.

0 Likes

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@eyekim was your receipt also the original, or copy? There's been discussion about selecting paper receipt option if you shop in store at Walgreens. Mine was the orig publix receipt they hand you after your purchase, but for some reason was rejected. I only shop in store everywhere. Ibotta did accept it today. Walmart receipts seem easiest for the app to read and others hit or miss. 

I still don't know why my publix receipt was initially rejected. I'm guessing a glitch in the system.

@LaraL thank you for all you're doing here in the community. 

eyekim
Deal Sharer

Walgreens sends emails. I asked the cashier for it and she told me it was sent to me digitally. She wasnt even sure how I would get it.  I was not given an option for otherwise. 

0 Likes

LaraL
Rewards Whiz

Ok so the only receipt they gave you, that you mentioned, was an emailed one, right? I'll reach out to you via private message and see if I can get some better insight into it.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Ultimate Saver

@eyekim 

Walgreens has a setting in their system.  You can get a digital receipt sent to the email on file or get a paper receipt.

On Walgreens.com, select your name in the top right corner (if already logged in) and then select Account Home.

Select Emails and Alerts.  Scroll all the way to the bottom and the last item is Digital Receipts.  If this is checked, you will always get digital receipts.  Uncheck it if you want a paper receipt.

Savingcraze
Skilled Saver

@mmoore01 that's what I was vaguely remembering from community discussions, but didn't recall any details! Thanks for outlining it step by step. I'm going to check my Walgreens details now, heading there tonight.