cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fage yogurt - most strategically important Ibotta item?

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Most strategically important Ibotta item? That's very relative, debatable and in the  👁️ of the beholder.  I say Fage yogurt and if you on my wavelength to any degree you know it's pronounced 'fah-yeh'. Before getting into Ibotta and for that matter BCBAE (Before [my] Cash Back App Era) there's a whole host of brands and product types I never heard of or heard of but never bought, thus I was a newby to Fage.  Now yogurt is yogurt is yogurt, unless there's a cash back offer from a cash back app. Truth be told, I don't consider Fage to have the most delectable and distinctive flavor - Brown Cow and Kite Hill (BCBAE newbies to me both) fill that bill, but again, Fage yogurt just may be thus far my most strategically important Ibotta item.

Why? 

• It's pretty cheap with a fair square and reasonable cash back amount.
  • You can buy it from a wide variety of retailers and earn cash back
  • Thus far in my Ibotta journey I've never been required to buy 2+ units of Fage for just $1 or less - mehhhhh! - of cash back
  • Finally, maybe most important, the offer for Fage has been very frequent, thus 1 and maybe more completed Fage deals figured in half or better of midrange and marathon bonuses paying $10+ I've completed.

Returning to the theme of most strategically important Ibotta item (MS3I) is in the 👁️ of the beholder, what is YOUR MS3I, or do you relate to me?

I'm VERY EAGER to hear from anyone and everyone

21 Replies

Re: Fage yogurt - most strategically important Ibotta item?

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

I have purchased Fage a number of times, but my Walmarts don't sell the Total Split Cup variety.  I end up buying it at Publix, though.

Yogurt, in general, is a great Ibotta rebate.  I will buy most brands if I can find it.  I have never seen Brown Cow in any stores.  I have never seen the Brainiac Kids brand in any store, either

I have purchased Oui many times.  I even peel the labels off and save the jars.  We have a collection of the fancy jars they sold for a month or so.  This month, they are having a Sweepstake Code under the front label.  Unfortunately, Oui is not in my Ibotta right now.

Chobani Flips is another easy Ibotta rebate.  My Walmart sells them for $1.00, so the current rebate of $1.22/2 is great.  However, I don't always find the flavors I like.

I don't understand Greek Gods Yogurt.  One Walmart had these, but they stopped selling it.  All the Walmarts carry the 32 oz size, but not the 4.5 oz or the 4pk.

I always check Dairy (in the back of the store) first when I get in Walmart and work my way back to the front.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 lots of random thoughts about yogurt and Ibotta.

I keep missing my chance to deal stack the Greek Gods 4-pack with Ibotta (a Walmart exclusive FAO) and Shopkick (also at Walmart, don't remember it being exclusive). So I noticed the concurrence 1 day and I'm rarin' to get to Walmart the next day and catch the double play, next day comes, get to Walmart, check Shopkick and lo and behold they yanked Greek Gods

Yoplait Oui yogurt makes rather rare engagements with Ibotta and it's always a Walmart exclusive. However I had 1 Oui FAO last summer and since it's only 99 centaroos a jar I had the option of getting TWO FAOs for it in the same transaction and of course I jumped on it. However with Fetch Rewards Oui is good for more than the 25 token points for a receipt scan.

LY Ibotta required on Brown Cow yogurt offers (except at Walmart) the purchase of 2 with 50 centaroos cash back, reasonable when they're 99 centaroos apiece. Status quo this year but now it also applies to Walmart

I'm rather surprised you either don't get enough Fage offers or you don't find enough Fage yogurts where you shop, but like I said, MS3I is in the 👁️ of the beholder

Dana
Deal Expert

Anything that I already use that has an ibotta rebate I go for if I need it.

OBSHOP
Super Saver

Ibotta rebates are the only reason I tried Fage yogurt,  I don't care for it not appealing to my palate. 

Paying full price is optional

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@OBSHOP as I said, Fage isn't the world's greatest yogurt but it's good enough for me to buy - AND EAT - every time it's on an Ibotta deal (which has been plenty often for me) and it's always reasonably priced with a fair and square cash back amount

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@mmoore01 more random thoughts about yogurt and Ibotta. You had a mouthful on your mind and that's all cool and I had a mouthful to digest from you and my brain went scrambled eggs a bit and I didn't grasp that you could find Fage but have yet to find Brown Cow in your stomping grounds.

Some interesting FYI on Brown Cow - the maple flavor has a nice flavor and smell but at same time it has an ammonia-like nasal effect. Also last summer when I went for the Brown Cow deal exclusively at Walmart I somehow noticed the seals had either steps for an e-coupon for 1 free Brown Cow (that was always a bust for me) or a buy 2 get 1 free coupon (most useful at Walmart because then you didn't have to buy 2 to get cash back).

I first heard about Kite Hill shortly after joining Ibotta and the first time I ever bought Kite Hill I did it to chase and catch the brand bonus.  Only Publix purchases of both the yogurt and cream cheese were eligible for the deals needed for the bonus.

Somehow for the last 3-4 times I chased and caught the Kite Hill bonus I had to complete 2-3 offers that each required the purchase of THREE FREAKIN units (suckers are $1.99 each) for 75¢? $1? cash back. After completing my first Kite Hill brand bonus at Publix most and maybe all my subsequent Kite Hill purchases were from Kroger (I'll touch on that l8r).  Those last 3-4 times I chased the KH bonus there always seemed to be enough KHYs slashed down to 99¢ so of course I'd buy the slash-downs, peel the sticker off the bar code, scan it 3Xs and it would still be credited and I would complete the deals and ultimately the bonus on a DEEEEEP discount

I know you live in Florida and I know it's basically a no-Kroger zone and that Publix (along with Winn Dixie) rules the roost and is apparently jealously territorial of its birth state

Janet1964
Rewards Advocate

It’s a toss up between Brown Cow & Noosa.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 I think I bought only one or two Noosas for Ibotta deals

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Janet1964 actually meant to ask if it's a tossup between Brown Cow and Noosa for YOUR MS3I (Most Strategically Important Ibotta Item)