Re: Favorite way to shop?

Pjeanz
Rewards Hunter

In store at Dillions

0 Likes

Winter1
Rewards Hunter

I shop at the stores! And I enter my receipts at the end of the week! It’s very discouraging when u scan the receipt( I don’t know what the purpose of scanning the receipt if they asking to scan the product too) when I may have already used the item/ items and thrown packaging away! I loss out in the $$ . I have the receipt showing the purchase yet they still want u to scan the item! They need to come up with a better system! 

0 Likes

tinydancer
Shopper

Instore at Target and Walmart.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Winter,

A system that involves scanning your product UPC makes for an easier match because each offer is attached to a specific group of UPC codes.  I imagine it makes it more difficult to cheat the system.

I know many people wait a week to submit in case other items become available, but I submit as soon as I get home.  If you were going to wait a week, you could easily clip the UPC from the products you have held for submission as you use them..

In the rare case an offer became available that was not there when I submitted on the receipt, I have resubmitted the receipt a second time.  If yo do this, you need to be extra sure you do not resubmit offers that you did the first time around.   If they happen to give you more than you asked for during the second submission of the receipt, let them know you already had received those offers during the first submission..  Taking money twice for one submission would be a quick way to have your account flagged or locked.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

My favorite way to shop is with money

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

My favorite way to shop is with someone else's money.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

sthomasson
Deal Sharer

In store - mainly at Food Lion

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

In store.  Almost exclusively at Kroger.  I prefer unlinked.  It sounds like there are a lot more issues with those who shop using linked accounts. 

I also use ibotta to accumulate donations; for donations, I tend to focus on things that are either nearly free or moneymakers.  I buy as many of those as I can.

Regardless what I am buying, I try to maximize savings by combining as many rebate site deals and coupons.

0 Likes

TCasey2627
Rewards Hunter

I’m with the majority I think that I also do the most of my shopping in store at Walmart! Best deals, most rebates and lots of big saving opportunities... honestly wasn’t much of a Walmart shopper before iBotta lol.

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

Yup, same here!

0 Likes