cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First purchase at target.. help?!

Lisizzle
Shopper

Last night I made my first purchase at target. I ended up linking my target account a few months ago but I don’t shop at target often. Well when I got home I didn’t realize it was not based on receipt but based on the linkage of account..

so I ended up putting my phone number in at checkout but I didn’t know I had to scan anything.. I see my purchase on my app though so will this be enough to get the cash back on Target? And do you get a notification when a purchase is made? If not how can I submit Receipt cause I need 2 more for my monthly  bonus and that’s where I had to get them 😞

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
7 Replies

Re: First purchase at target.. help?!

What-Shot
Super Saver

Ahh, yes....the "linking cards" issue. I learned early on that I prefer to scan receipts.

Someone here will be able to point you in the right direction....sorry I cannot help. But I can commiserate. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

Thebondgirl
Rewards Hunter

In my experience Target in particular can be troublesome at times, but if you used the correct credit card on the linked account you should see payment. In case there is anything wrong with the order make sure you’ve saved the receipt and if anything missing submit a ticket. Even if you don’t get it resolved before the deadline they’ll credit all and mark the bonus complete.  It can take up to three days to get credit so at end of bonus time it can get nerve wracking, but it’s always worked out for me.

Lisizzle
Shopper

Thank you! I was hoping that thy would still credit it for me! I’m being hopeful lol

Lisizzle
Shopper

It is very frustrating lol but we make it through I guess hahaha

What-Shot
Super Saver

@Lisizzle 

If you have not already done-so, I would recommend UNLINKING your card before your next in-store purchase (unless you come to realize this is actually a convenience for you after all). 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

Shortly after I got started on Ibotta Ibotta sort of goaded me into linking my Kroger Plus card and 'bypass the hassle' of scanning receipts. I thought Okayyyy, give it a shot.  Sure enough I go to Kroger, buy 3-5 items with Ibotta cash back, I DON'T SCAN my receipt, no cash back then or the next 2 days, so of course I sent a mad email.  I probably just got a form reply of acknowledgement but no notice of corrective action and I probably frittered away some cash back. Thus to this day I keep wondering what the blazes is so blankety-blank-blank 'inconvenient' about scanning my own receipts and thus keeping my own upper hand control

Lisizzle
Shopper

Thank you!! That worked perfect and I was able to scan my receipt! You’re a life saver!!!

0 Likes