Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free COVID Tests from USPS - 2nd round

Rickibotta
Deal Master

https://special.usps.com/testkits

Pack of four.

You can get one more pack if you did the first round.

If you did not do the first round, you can get two packs

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
17 Replies

Re: Free COVID Tests from USPS - 2nd round

Lewskimom09
Shopper

Just ordered my second set this morning 

0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Master

I got one set a few weeks ago.  Haven't used them.  I heard that the Feds have a HUGE stock pile of these and thought more would be requested.  It doesn't surprise me that they are allowing another round.

Since we haven't used the first set and COVID-19 is on the wain, I don't know if I will order any more.  Seems like another waste of our tax dollars, but I guess you never know what the future holds.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I believe they only sent out 270 million of the 500 million they had.

I figure they are putting these out in what some consider 'after the fact' because they can then say they supplied 500 million free tests instead of not having sent them out........lol

Depending on hoiw seriously you take expiry dates, you may want to act accordingly.  I believe some expire as early as June.

Regarding if it is on the wane overall, I personally track deaths instead of cases in the US, so we are nowhere near the low we had before some variants, including Omnicron.  For a 7-day rolling average, we had a low of about 250 deaths per day last July vs over 1,,100 deaths per day right now.  So we have a long way to go before we get back down to 250 deaths per day.   And you can also look at % of beds in use.  And then there is the matter of dying OF covid  vs dying WITH covid.   

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

somecreative
Core Shopper

I am so grateful for them. I just took one couple hours ago and thankfully it’s negative.  I’m glad I didn’t have to get up and go to a testing station/doc office. I have health issues so it is important for me to know. My sister died of Covid. I can think of a lot more worse things the government has wasted money on. This would be bottom of the worries if people read all the things secretly stuffed into all bills passed. Right now I’m living on no sleep, headache, crap draining down throat, coughing, sore throat, shivers, real Sudafed and my inhaler.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@somecreative 

Sounds like where I was at.  Finally a few days into it, I tested positive. So maybe test again in a few days, or go to the doctor..  mine lingered for about 3 weeks.  Worst was what I assume was a chest cold that I had for a few weeks.  All the unproductive  coughing to get to a clean cough for a few minutes relief, until it all started all over again.  Sorry for your loss.

somecreative
Core Shopper

Exactly what you described. I have all my vaccines but I know there are variants obviously. I will test again in a few days. My daughter has had this chest cold crap and coughing for for what seems forever.  Everyone I have known that has/ have Covid …. They all have been minimum of 3 weeks.. I think I’m going to retest her. And TY. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@somecreative 

What pizzed me off most is it kept me like 40% to maybe 50% most of the 3 weeks.  There would be a day where I thought i was on the other side of it, and several hours, a new symptom.    I never felt I was in jeopardy, but it was so protracted and miserable. 

The first symptom my son and I both had was chills/shivers and then the 103 degree fever.

0 Likes

somecreative
Core Shopper

I started a few days ago but yesterday I felt great for the most part. I might have coughed twice, I had a voice, I really didn’t need my inhaler. Today….I’m so freaking miserable. No voice from coughing. Throat hurts and chloroseptic works for 1 sec. My lungs feel like they have crap in them. I can’t cough anything out even though it feels right there. Crap downing down throat. Blowing nose is pointless. Nothing has been yellow or green which usually represents an infection. Already have preexisting health issues so this sucks. Antibiotics for my daughter did nothing .., literally nothing…so virus of some sort but tested negative. It’s probably been been a month and half for her and she normally is very healthy. I tested her just a bit ago and it came out negative. I might not be doing test right or she is coming to end so maybe too late. 

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Deal Master

2C64CB23-BD8D-44B5-B78C-CA25004D677A.jpeg