cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Thanksgiving dinner

Msmiller59
Rewards Hunter

I have signed in to both Walmart and the Ibotta app and have yet to find the free thanksgiving dinner items,  HELP PLEASE!

9 Replies

Re: Free Thanksgiving dinner

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Msmiller59 

From the home screen of your app. do you see a banner FREE THANKSGIVIG DINNER?

(also in some regions, some of the products are disappearing according to some, perhaps because a redemption limit has been met)

If you will be placing an online order, choose to disallow substitutions.  A lot of these items are OOS for large periods each day at many stores due to the overwhelming demand.  ibotta doesnt pay for substitutions.

If you do not have the banner, someone will come along with a link for you to submit to get them added.  I don't have the linkk because they came to my phone)

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Dana
Deal Expert

@Msmiller59  you needed to either download the extension or put your email in address to get in your app in the walmart section. If you're just doing this now it's not going to work ibotta isn't giving anymore out and it ends in 6 days.

Nikkeyam
Shopper

You’re correct. I opted to have the deal on my smart phone. It took two days before I was able to see the 100% cash back options

0 Likes

Msmiller59
Rewards Hunter

I have been using Ibotta for several years.  I just received the email today about the Free Thanksgiving Dinner.  Went in and immediately downloaded the extension and linked my Walmart account. I received confirmation that my account was linked.    I can click on the Free Thanksgiving Dinner banner in Ibotta but can’t find the products to load to my account.  
very frustrated!

0 Likes

BishounennoMiko
Shopper

You’ll need to get the Chrome extension.  I did this 10 minutes ago from my computer to test it out, so I couldn’t screen cap what it looks like on mobile, but it should be similar — it’ll have a button to say “Download Ibotta browser extension” and then you’ll install it for the Chrome browser and follow the instructions.  Once you do this, it’ll put the deals into the Ibotta app in the Walmart section. I hope this helps.

BishounennoMiko_0-1605896452750.jpeg

0 Likes

Terry1
Rewards Hunter

I have registered, completed the shopping list of 9 items (2 were sold out, but I checked them anyway) and it will not allow me to link the account with Walmart. Any suggestions? Thanks... 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Msmiller59 

I am sorry you weren't aware.  I know I don't like it when I go off the grid and I miss out on things.

Existing ibotta users had the banner added automatically. to their home page.   It has been there for weeks..  It has been advertised all over TV, the radio, Youtube, the Gram, Twitter, Facebok, and Tiktok.  I have actually gotten sick of seeing it promoted everywhere..

You did not even have to link or use the chrome extension.  I did not.  All you needed to do was add the items, go to the store, complete your purchse, and scan your receipt barcode as usual.

It may be that they cut off the front end of this offer, meaning you can't add them any longer, but if you have them added to ibotta, you can still redeem.  For example. I just purchased/redeemed the turkey last night.

So if you don't see the individual offers after you click the banner, they are not available to you any more it seems.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Terry1 

Yes.   

• Add them to your ibotta list in the app
  • Go to WM
  • Find as many of the items as yoiu can
  • Scan to verify each matches the offer.  Choose WM as store.  Then scan item.
  • Check out
  • Redeem your offers.  (click redeem on bottom of ibotta screen, choose WM as store....scan barcode on receipt)
  • done
0 Likes

BishounennoMiko
Shopper

I personally couldn’t see any of the offers until I did it.  Clicked on the items they showed in the offer, but it didn’t bring me anywhere, no plus sign or anything.  That’s why I was fiddling with it to figure out at least one way that worked.

0 Likes