cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Friends invited

MANNYSGIRL
Shopper

I don't understand rewards from friends invited I invited a friend he joined and I don't understand well to be honest none of it lol 

Labels (1)

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Friends invited

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

You really should check into such things before you invite others.   That way you know what you need to do to ensure you get your referral bonus, and you will know what to tell them that they need to do to get their bonus.  Otherwise you may not fulfill all the requirements and then be upset over something that is really your fault and not the company's.

Usually there terms are very specific and somewhat lengthy.   So when we try to tell you, we may get 90% but not all of it.   so it often is helpful to search such as 'ibotta referral bonus', and find something on ibotta's own website. 

That being said, here are a few links:

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016033287-What-is-a-referral-bonus-#:~:text=A%20Referra....

https://ibotta.com/referral

It usually helps if you do some checking on your own first so you have more specific questions though.

If you have further, more specific questions, let us know.

Good luck to you and your friend BTW.   If I had any friends, I would ask them to join for the free dinner.........lol

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

I really think you should read my post again.  I was not rude.  I was very helpful.  I provided you two links.  I also wished you both luck.  And nobody called you a bad person.  I only politely pointed out that we can best help provide you with our suggestions if you are specific. 

Also, your assertion of 'not reading everything' is a straw man.  Nobody suggested you spend 500 hours consuming all things written about ibotta.  I merely suggested you do a simply google search 'ibotta referrals'.  That is hardly reading everything...  As I mentioned, if you find it in ibotta's website, you can trust 100% of what is said, and one of us may tell you something not completely accurate.  That also is to your benefit.  So, my whole post was about trying to help you.

And I even ended it with a self-deprecating joke, that apparently didn't amuse you

You latest post was only to personally attack me after I helped you.  That does not seem neighborly.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL  We are all just users like you and we would love to be able to help each and every person out - so if you have a specific question on how to navigate the app - maybe a youtube video would be more helpful.  It's hard to explain each and every step to use the app.  Like @Rickibotta said, there are also articles to help you out directly from Ibotta. 

Right now, you'll see there are a lot of negative comments trending. Ibotta appears to have put out this Thanksgiving offer and people are signing up left and right and of course, they are overwhelmed due to COVID (like the rest of us)   I've been using the app for several years and have redeemed over $1000 of rebates.  Yes - at times I've had to put in tickets and wait patiently for a response - but overall I am VERY HAPPY - or I wouldn't continue to use the app. 

Really - youtube is your friend, you can find out just about anything and it will give you a step by step instruction on how to do it (better than we can in just words).  Don't give up on us just yet.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

You too - it's overwhelming at first - feel free to jump in on any conversation - mention where you shop. I'm a Walmart/Target/Shoprite/CVS and sometimes Stop & Shop shopper.  I do most of my Ibotta shopping at Walmart and combine a whole bunch of different apps - but start slow.  As you can tell by my user name - I'm in NY.

Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.  Not much excites me more than money...lol.

And you will only miss out on money most likely if you don't open up a ticket.   Their support is very good about making things right, but it just takes a while at times.   I open up a ticket even if it is 50 cents I missed out on.  It is different for everyone..  

For some this is a small way to help just to survive right now.  For others a budgeting necessity.  For others it is the thrill of the hunt.  It always feels good to get a moneymaker.

11 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

You really should check into such things before you invite others.   That way you know what you need to do to ensure you get your referral bonus, and you will know what to tell them that they need to do to get their bonus.  Otherwise you may not fulfill all the requirements and then be upset over something that is really your fault and not the company's.

Usually there terms are very specific and somewhat lengthy.   So when we try to tell you, we may get 90% but not all of it.   so it often is helpful to search such as 'ibotta referral bonus', and find something on ibotta's own website. 

That being said, here are a few links:

https://help.ibotta.com/hc/en-us/articles/115016033287-What-is-a-referral-bonus-#:~:text=A%20Referra....

https://ibotta.com/referral

It usually helps if you do some checking on your own first so you have more specific questions though.

If you have further, more specific questions, let us know.

Good luck to you and your friend BTW.   If I had any friends, I would ask them to join for the free dinner.........lol

Solved! Go to solution

MANNYSGIRL
Shopper

So sorryI didn't meet up to the standards of reading everything I should have oh my I'm such  a bad person some of you people that are replying to people who are asking questions aren't very nice I even seen someone of you that are answering the questions for the people that are asking for help one of you called him an airhead not very polite but I won't  come back in on here and ask a  questions my bad ps by the way no we're did I blame the company . You the ones with the answers seem do to a good job alone placing blame 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

I really think you should read my post again.  I was not rude.  I was very helpful.  I provided you two links.  I also wished you both luck.  And nobody called you a bad person.  I only politely pointed out that we can best help provide you with our suggestions if you are specific. 

Also, your assertion of 'not reading everything' is a straw man.  Nobody suggested you spend 500 hours consuming all things written about ibotta.  I merely suggested you do a simply google search 'ibotta referrals'.  That is hardly reading everything...  As I mentioned, if you find it in ibotta's website, you can trust 100% of what is said, and one of us may tell you something not completely accurate.  That also is to your benefit.  So, my whole post was about trying to help you.

And I even ended it with a self-deprecating joke, that apparently didn't amuse you

You latest post was only to personally attack me after I helped you.  That does not seem neighborly.

Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL  We are all just users like you and we would love to be able to help each and every person out - so if you have a specific question on how to navigate the app - maybe a youtube video would be more helpful.  It's hard to explain each and every step to use the app.  Like @Rickibotta said, there are also articles to help you out directly from Ibotta. 

Right now, you'll see there are a lot of negative comments trending. Ibotta appears to have put out this Thanksgiving offer and people are signing up left and right and of course, they are overwhelmed due to COVID (like the rest of us)   I've been using the app for several years and have redeemed over $1000 of rebates.  Yes - at times I've had to put in tickets and wait patiently for a response - but overall I am VERY HAPPY - or I wouldn't continue to use the app. 

Really - youtube is your friend, you can find out just about anything and it will give you a step by step instruction on how to do it (better than we can in just words).  Don't give up on us just yet.

Solved! Go to solution

MANNYSGIRL
Shopper

Honestly I was enjoying the app wasn't complaining just said I'm a silly girl cuz it's confused I don't know where in there I was complaining just confused which I get confused with a lot of things lol there was no negativity coming from me it's like a competition I'm enjoying the app and thank you have a great day .

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

You too - it's overwhelming at first - feel free to jump in on any conversation - mention where you shop. I'm a Walmart/Target/Shoprite/CVS and sometimes Stop & Shop shopper.  I do most of my Ibotta shopping at Walmart and combine a whole bunch of different apps - but start slow.  As you can tell by my user name - I'm in NY.

Solved! Go to solution

MANNYSGIRL
Shopper

Well sweetie it was nice to hear some enjoyment from someone I'm having a blast it's like a challenge day by day and if I don't get my money back every now and again so what it's a lot of fun so a mistake here and there is going to happen .so do be a stranger give me a shout out sometimes and I'll do one for you have a good one sweetie

Solved! Go to solution

MANNYSGIRL
Shopper

I apologize it's not that serious it's just an app. Let just all enjoy it ok . And my spell check love to embarrass me with spelling things wrong not right lol. I apologise thank you for your help have a great evening. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@MANNYSGIRL 

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.  Not much excites me more than money...lol.

And you will only miss out on money most likely if you don't open up a ticket.   Their support is very good about making things right, but it just takes a while at times.   I open up a ticket even if it is 50 cents I missed out on.  It is different for everyone..  

For some this is a small way to help just to survive right now.  For others a budgeting necessity.  For others it is the thrill of the hunt.  It always feels good to get a moneymaker.