cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Frustrating weekend Ibotta experience

Dean
Core Shopper

After last weekend’s success with the WW and SG bonuses, I thought of skipping this WW bonus. This weekend I had some good non-Ibotta savings using myWalgreens and Target Circle coupons (even though Target cheated me out of $5 gift card. Grrr!). But then I got a $5/1 Lucky You bonus and what seemed like some simple offers. So I figured I was ahead anyway so why not finish the WW. But things did not work out as I expected.

First, the Sesame Street cereal FAO disappeared. That’s not unexpected as offers can be removed without notice but still disappointing. Then on my Target Online purchase, Softsoap was not credited, and on my Walmart purchase, the Any Bottled Water wasn’t credited. Opened cases for both. Also at Walmart, the Coca Cola 20 oz offer would not match any barcode I scanned, and the Any Applesauce wouldn’t match anything but Walmart brand. I reported this last week through the app and again this past weekend. By this time I was frustrated and decided to stop. I ended up at 16 of 18 offers needed for WW after getting a couple of items that I didn’t need now but worth stocking. If my two cases get resolved in my favor then I might get the WW as well but I’m not counting on it. But at least I finally wrangled that laughing cow. 

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Frustrating weekend Ibotta experience

Dean
Core Shopper

In conclusion, my two support issues were resolved in my favor and the WW bonus was awarded after I asked further about it. So I’m glad how that turned out but I’m still wondering about why the problems occurred and if this will continue to be a problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Dean  I feel your frustration.  I was hoping to get the Nestle gallon of water but they were OOS at Walmart, but at least I got the .10 any water when I bought the 12 pack instead.  Laughing cow is still a unicorn for me too.  I was able to get my 8 offers for the "confetti cash" bonus, but also passed on my larger $5 WW - just too much work.  Funny, I saw the sesame street cereal FAO was ghosting on many people, but I only had $1 offer so I wasn't concerned until I went to buy it and the $1 ghosted too.  Thankfully I hadn't paid for it yet, so I was happy with my MOM (malt-o-meal) bundle, Pokémon and Remix (although I am somewhat overwhelmed with the cinnamon toast cereal now), it is a fan favorite (except for the cinnamon dust of course).  Unlike pixie dust, this can bring bugs, so it cannot be just brushed off onto the floor (as I tell my family repeatedly).

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

jlhersback
Core Shopper

I also had a struggle with any item offers not showing up when I scanned items that should qualify.  I bought the big jug of nestle water to use the SK reward and although the eny water offer didn't show up when I was verifying offers it was applied when I submitted my receipt.  This makes it difficult if we can't see what qualifies before purchasing.  I do hope that is something that can be fixed and glad you reported it.  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Gsg
Core Shopper

With my experience, I feel like online purchases takes longer than anticipated and if you are 1 or 2 days short of your bonus complete, better to not to count these purchases to wards as they don’t get credited in time and you won’t get bonus credit. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Qtrajathi
Deal Sharer
Spoiler
Spoiler
Freebies 

I saw the sesame street cereal bonus pop up and saved it. Good until the 13th, but it disappeared.  2nd time this has happened.  Can't find any of the laughing cow blended or the right size for the kitty gummy candy.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Dean , I’m sorry for the frustrations you went through! I hope your tickets go through and you get credited for everything soon! Just a little tip that maybe you thought of but decided not to do...if it was me, I would have bought a gift card and/or ordered a photo from Walgreens through Ibotta just to make sure I got my bonus. Just in case you want to use those ideas if this happens again. 😉

also, congratulations on wrangling that sneaky cow! She didn’t get away from you! I still haven’t been able to find this, but I’m still looking!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dean
Core Shopper

@Mikosmama  Thanks for the info. That does bring up something I’m not quite clear about. You mention ordering from Walgreens through Ibotta. Does that count as a completed offer? If so, should my ordering from Target Online through Ibotta have counted as an offer?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Dean , from what I have read on other forums, yes making an order through the Ibotta app should count as an offer. (But no coupon codes.....this has resulted in these being revered) however, I have not done this myself yet, but it is in the back of my mind to do it when I need just one or two more offers for a bonus and I can’t get to the store.  So I can’t confirm completely on this, it is just what I have read from others. I have ordered gift cards using my IB balance, and that has definitely counted. 
hopefully someone else here might have some insight if they have done ordering online through IB?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Mikosmama
Deal Ambassador

@Dean , again if anybody in the know can confirm this that would be great...

But I am thinking that ordering online through Target probably wouldn’t count as an offer in itself. The only things that would count is if you bought the products that are in the Target Online section of IB.

But other stores, like Walgreens where you get a percentage back for shopping, should give you an offer towards your bonus. 

98A7381A-F78E-415C-B54A-D2A6D5EC2225.jpeg

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mickootay
Core Shopper

Ooooooohhh, I'm glad I'm not alone in this today! So far I've had quite a good run with all my savings apps, but today, none were cooperating, and I was totally and completely overwhelmed! Nothing worked out right, but I always mark it down to a learning experience.  Maybe the stars decided to have a 'night' out, lol. Okay, onto the next deal! 

0 Likes