cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gap / Bath & Body Works Bonuses didn't pay out

OBSHOP
Super Saver

Has anyone redeemed the EMB for Gap and Bath and Body Works and had issues receiving bonuses?

I redeemed both of these EMB today and didn't receive either bonus. 

Screenshot_20210506-164630_Ibotta.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-151315_Ibotta.jpg

Screenshot_20210506-151255_Ibotta.jpg

Paying full price is optional
13 Replies

Re: Gap / Bath & Body Works Bonuses didn't pay out

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

@OBSHOP 

Yes. I had to submit twice about it. Today, they manually added the money, but they did not add the offers to my Level One or to my WWB. The Gap $10 a month ago did not pay out either, but they manually added the money, however, not the offer. They did add the offer credit for the gc though, but not Earn More.

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@kamartin1 

I submitted a TT I will see how it plays out

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@OBSHOP  Did you go to your earnings and choose the pre-loaded Bath & Body Works gc?

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@MelissaR 

No, I didn't use the preloaded option. I used my earnings to purchase gift cards for both stores.  

Screenshot_20210506-151315_Ibotta.jpg

0 Likes

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@OBSHOP  To get the bonus, you have to use the gc's that are shown when you go to cash out.  Instead of choosing paypal or bank, there's a list of stores that have GC options.  That is what the bonus offer is referring to.  Not when you buy a GC (where you link a debit, but also have a choice to use funds) I hope that makes sense.

OBSHOP
Super Saver

@MelissaR 

Makes good sense and I agree. Have you done this before?

0 Likes

Saving4Fun

@MelissaR I was thinking the exact same thing but didn’t know for sure. Thank you for confirming. I’ve never l cashed out to a gift card but I do purchase often. I have another question you’ll probably be able to answer for me; Do you earn cash back when you withdrawal to a gift card? If so, then this bonus for withdrawing to a Gap card would make sense. However, if all you’re getting is the $2 bonus, it makes no sense. Right now, for a limited time, Old Navy gift cards earn 10% cash back, so it’s the exact same and minimum purchase is only $10, so you can apply your earnings to two gift cards worth the same cash back as the bonus, plus you’ll get an extra offer credit. Remember, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta are all the same company. Gifts cards are interchangeable and you can purchase from all four brands on all four website entry points. I routinely buy graphic tees at Old Navy, mainly for the offer credits, but also because I pay $5 or less by picking the gift card with the highest cash back, and then making my purchase by entering thru the online store with the highest cash back. A few weeks ago, I was making my Old Navy purchases completely thru Gap, because it had had the highest offers on both gift cards and online purchase. This week, I bought Old Navy gift card for 10% back, but still purchased through Gap because it has 8%’ cash back for online purchases, compared to Old Navy’s 2% back. It makes absolutely no sense for these offers to vary so drastically from one store to the next, but maybe folks don’t realize they’re all interchangeable. @OBSHOP 

kamartin1
Skilled Saver

@MelissaR 

I bought my gift card the way you explained on 5/05.  They gave me the bonus, but they said that I didn’t meet the time frame. The offer says “after 5/03.” I am waiting for clarification which I requested. I am soooo confused.

MelissaR
Core Shopper

@OBSHOPYes, I got an Express GC for my sister where there was a similar $2 bonus a while back.