cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started.

craignix12
Deal Sharer

Is anyone out there may be to help me out.

13 Replies

Re: Getting started.

SavingsWealth
Shopper

Hello yes I can assist you with some things sure. I wanted to welcome you to the ibotta app and community where we offer assistance and help throughout the biota community. I also am starting a new company on helping people, families and business save money when shopping online and in-store. if you would like to be part of our Facebook group please let me know.  We discuss many tips/promotions to help you save money when shopping online and in-store. Thanks for your time and please let me know what issue your experiencing. Thanks and welcome to the app!

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@craignix12 focus only on cash back deals you KNOW YOU CAN AFFORD. Since we don't know each other from Adam only YOU KNOW what you can afford and what's fair and reasonable to you.

If you rummage through the app every day and maybe even 2+ times within the day, you SHOULD find enough deals you can decide to chase

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@craignix12 an addendum.  I've got only 1 person to download Ibotta and with my luck to date she hasn't made one shiny penny with it in a year and half.  She claimed it was complex and also she would often be too pooped for it.  She has yet to call or text me with questions, concerns and ESPECIALLY NOT THANK YOU'S because, to make a long story short, she never mustered up basic curiosity to rummage through the app

Dana
Deal Expert

It's not rocket science don't over think it. Go into the store you want to shop at. At the top it will tell you how to get your rebate scan receipt, link account/card, or both if both you can pick one. If it's a linked store link before you do anything. Click on what you want to buy then go buy it if it's a linked store you do not have to do anything but wait pending time is normally 48 hours buy can take 3-5 days sometimes longer that's with all linked accounts. If it's a scan click on what you want to buy then buy it the scan receipt follow the prompts it tells you exactly what you need to do. Then wait for it to process a few hours to a day. For online purchases like the children's place, home depot etc go into the website from ibotta and do your normal shopping just like if you were to be on the website on a computer do not use any coupons or discount codes because you will not get the rebate they don't double dip that way. When you're done exit out and up to 90 days or whatever the pending time is it will say in the fine print (read the fine print on everything it will tell you exactly what you can get) you'll get the rebate. If you don't get credit for something or it misses something keep your receipt and packaging they will need that info when you put in a ticket. Tickets take a week some longer to get answered because people put in tickets for every little thing they will get back to you and help.

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@craignix12 I'd love to give you my Butterfinger at Walmart spiel but I'll only give it to you IF YOU ASK ME FOR IT.

Anyway if you read what I shared with you intently and apply them as often as possible, you'd be quite surprised how far you can go and how much $$$$ back you can make in a single day - sometimes! - and how much you can accumulate in a week, a month and a year

megla
Core Shopper

I've been so lost on this whole butterfinger thing - I found them in my store but needed 2 to reedem which doesnt make it a MM

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@megla  I refuse to go down the butterfinger rabbit hole - I don't like 'em enough LOL.  I did suffer the fools errand of trying to find a Baby Ruth, but had no luck - so I gave up. Sometimes @RCKCreatEnt will wax poetically about offers - (no insult intended) - I prefer to pop in, grab a good deal, post a good deal, be amazed (or jealous) about what others are accomplishing, share a smile, and pop on back out.  

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@megla that's different from last spring and summer, when it was a Walmart exclusive (and it still is now) when you got a quarter per bar with a maximum allowable 5 units per purchase.  I HEAR YA about requirements to buy 2+ units just to get $1 or less in cash back, in many cases it's niggardly and obnoxious and I ultimately ignore it.  However, when Butterfinger is 88¢ apiece at Walmart and now Ibotta requires the purchase of 2 (thus $1.76) for 50¢ cash back I personally find it more reasonable and fairer than most offers requiring multiple unit purchases and one I'm quite willing to partake of

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@megla 4got 2 mention, I never bought any more than 1 Butterfinger when it was optional to buy 1 to 5 units

Speaking of Baby Ruth, seems like for every Walmart that carried it 2-3 didn't