I heard that buying a gift card counts as an offer. However my questions are
1) are we limited to 1 offer a day for gift cards purchased?
2) if we buy more then 1 gift card in same day does each gift card count as an offer
3) if we are allowed more then 1 gift card count, does same store make a difference? Example if I buy 2 gift cards from GrubHub on same day. Will I get 2 offer counts or 1 count?
4) in places like GrubHub and doordash. If I used a gift card in the purchase will my regular food purchase online count as an offer. Aka I get 1 offer for buying the gift card and 1 offer for placing the order online for food and using the gift card I just bought on the transaction. So in total I get 2 offers?
Thanks in advance. Trying to figure ways to up my offer counts since don't have Walmart near me to reach the offers needed.
1. No, you can buy more the one. I think you are limited to $250.00
2. Yes, they will each count as an offer.
3. No, store does not make a difference. For example, you can buy 2 x $10 Walmart gift cards on the same day. Both will trigger an offer.
4. Yes, that example would be 2 offers.
You are having an Ibotta light bulb moment - congrats!
You have to options when purchasing gift cards.
from the home screen purchase gift card using linked debit card or earnings balance. $250.00 daily limit you will receive rebate and credit toward bonuses.
purchase gift cards from account screen using earnings balance.
⚠️ warning ⚠️ using this option the gift card is emailed to your registered Ibotta email address and no rebate or credit toward bonuses using this option.
gift cards are non refundable make sure you select the correct store and your email address is correct.
@cjwoody You have made it all so clear!! I have been using Ibotta almost 3 years and would "withdraw earnings" to a gift card because I thought the "pay with I" required giving them my debit card info which I didn't want to do. Just a month ago or so I realized I had a choice and could use some of my Ibotta earnings! Now I go for the gift card, minimum amount, whenever I can. I was in Walmart yesterday and had one partly used gc, one new one; but I spent more than I had anticipated. So while still at the checkout, I bought another, still using my earnings! I was able to complete my WW faster because I didn't have to wander around Kroger looking for that last item to finish the bonus. I just wish there were gift cards available for Kroger, Albertsons, CVS, and Target as well as Walmart. I have used some of the restaurant gc's and might get one for gasoline when/if I go on a road trip.
This community has been a great teaching tool! Thanks, CJ, for being so clear.
Yes, I recently discovered you get bonus credit for buying these. So yesterday, we were getting subway for dinner. I bought 3 @@ $5 s 1 @ $15. The $250.max is only thing I was and each vendor has own minimums