cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Gift Cards Disabled!

Wellis6867
Saver

I can't purchase any first cards. It tells me this action is unavailable. Anyone else having issues?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: Gift Cards Disabled!

Dana
Deal Expert

@Wellis6867  look for an update uninstall reinstall shut phone off on clear cookies cache wifi on off charge your phone those are the normal fixes when people have problems there was an update a few days ago.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

There are two ways that Gift Cards are available in Ibotta:

1. If you earn $20 or more, you can withdraw your earnings by purchasing a gift card.  This is done on the Account screen.  There are approximately 70 different gift cards available.

2. You can purchase Gift Cards for specific amounts for 124 retailers.  You must set up your debit card on the Account screen, then select Gift Cards on the Home page.  Your debit card will be used to purchase the Gift Card.

Which of these are you trying to do?

Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

They were updating it. It should be working now. This happens periodically.

Solved! Go to solution

Wellis6867
Saver

It did work again with me being able to purchase gift cards to order cash back.

Now it has stopped again but a different issue. It goes to charge my card and just hangs and hangs spinning. 

It finally goes back to the screen where you hit "review."

When I try again, it says the last one is still is processing do you wish to try again?

I can hit yes or no and it still won't work!!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Dana
Deal Expert

@Wellis6867  look for an update uninstall reinstall shut phone off on clear cookies cache wifi on off charge your phone those are the normal fixes when people have problems there was an update a few days ago.

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Krysnut23
Rewards Hunter

I have not been able to buy gift cards it says it was disabled due to my protection and i need to contact ibotta to re enable it

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

SantaFeAtBay
Deal Sharer

My debit card locks when I attempt a second gift card purchase with Ibotta. I set up my debit card to send me a text when it locks so I can say yes or no to if I made a charge. When I say yes, it unlocks my card.

Before I set this up, I had to call my bank to fix locks. 

I don't know if you were using a bank card though 🤔 

0 Likes