cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gift cards frustrating

Lenahimebaugh
Rewards Hunter

Anyone have a problem with the fact if we forget gift cards we totally loose??

Tags (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Gift cards frustrating

HotLavaMama
Rewards Guide

😓I am so sorry to hear you forgot your gift card. Did the gift card expire? 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

What are you talking about? You need to be more clear.

0 Likes

Brittaeliz
Shopper

I find them frustrating as well. It always seems to time out or not load properly when I get to the checkout. I guess this could be blamed on poor service in places I shop, but because of this I rarely used the gift card option. I have been burned too many times. 

0 Likes

Brittaeliz
Shopper
Spoiler
I guess I should specify I am referring to using a gift card as payment in store, not a rewards giftcard. Is this what you were referring to?
0 Likes

mmoore01
Deal Expert

I currently don't use gift cards (formally called Pay with Ibotta), but when I did, I would purchase my gift cards from home before I went shopping.  I simply guessed how much I might spend.  I also take a screenshot of the gift card just in case I don't have wifi or cell service in the store.

When I get to the store, I scan the gift card or have the cashier scan it.  Anything I still owe, I can pay any other way.  If there is anything still on the gift card, I use it next time. 

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Rewards Advocate

There is an option to pull up your old gift cards in the app.

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

Thankfully I haven't had problems and the 1 time I did, I purchased a gift card, sent it to my friend I was shopping with and we pulled it up that way to use it. 

0 Likes

Dana
Deal Expert

@Be-Bop-A-Lula  yes go to your account scroll to gift cards they will all be listed.

0 Likes