cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you found and easier way to use app and stores app at the sams time

LilLauraDee
Shopper

I don't always have the best reception in stores, so it makes it that much harder to bounce back and forth between ibotta and a stores loyalty rewards app. I use the note app in my phone, type out my shopping list (or write it) for the stores I go to with the rewards offer amount. At the bottom of my list I type out bonuses and what I have left to redeem so I can complete the bonuses. I have started so many bonuses and missed the deadline. I look at my local stores weekly flyer. This is my evening quiet time activity. I also add offers to my cart before I go into a store. Anyone have suggestions as to what works for them? Does anyone else have difficulty bouncing between the stores app and ibotta?

6 Replies

Re: Have you found and easier way to use app and stores app at the sams time

Caneen
Shopper

It sounds like you are more organized then I am. Personally, I make my menu after checking ibotta then I go back throw the app when making my shopping list. If something has a rebate I make sure to star it and put any additional information needed like brand and size. I have a section on my list for items to look for that I don't need but they have good rebates. 

Two Screens Are Better Than One

SmashHit
Rewards Hunter

I just use my old phone and connect it to the  store's wifi; very rarely do they not have it available to their patrons. Also, Im typically real finicky with what wifi I authorize (phone wifi is specifically off outside of home [which also may assist your own connection in the case it is continuously attempting to seek available wifi or stick with your phone's access in excess especially when its a spotty location]), which I just forced myself to learn how to cast my hotspot to whichever spare device I'm using at the time.

0 Likes

Jadra04
Rewards Hunter

I go through the Ibotta app and make my shopping list. I star the items that have a rebate and note the brand and size. 

My family seems to know when products I don't normally buy or brands I don't normally buy have good rebates. Lol

Navymom714
Shopper

I look on the app everyday because new stuff pops up. But I look everyday and and click on the stuff I use. Then I look at the ads and see if any thing matches. And I make a list to take with me and make sure if it is on app n out a IB in the iteams then when I get home I scan the  receipt. That is the easiest way for me .

0 Likes

LsMomma
Rewards Hunter

I create a spreadsheet and add in my Ibotta items. Then after I add an additional items I am shopping for I start columns for Ibotta deals, paper coupons, store discount, etc. I print it before my shopping trip so that I can check off items as I go. Make sure to add: max, must by, and sizes next to name of item. I keep my spreadsheet saved on computer and just update periodically. 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

I use spreadsheets as well.  I think those of us who do are a rare breed....lol.  It can be a very time-consuming endeavor if you let it  I am semi-retired, so I enjoy the spreadsheets and analysis of finding the best deals. 

For those starting out, it is especially important to have some way to verify you have received all the expected money.  I am one of those who will submit a ticket to get 50 cents I am owed.    This can be an easy way to earn some cash back, but it can get time-consuming tracking down the owed money that did not get applied for a variety of reasons.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"