cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi im a newbie & help figuring this out

Jessy2253
Rewards Hunter

Im trying to understand how to use ibotta. I don't travel or anything so i basically use ibotta for the groceries & stuff you buy in like Wal-Mart or other grocery stores. It hasn't been getting me fat. I'm sure I'm not making the most of ibotta cuz i don't know the best way to meet these quotas. But most of all what is teammates? How do you get them or join them & does it benefit either meeting the quotas for bonuses?  Sorry so long, I'm just confused. Grateful for any advise guys.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

Re: Hi im a newbie & help figuring this out

ntyre
Rewards Hunter

hi welcome, im new to the community.  well actually just first post but save your reciepts. i actually like the krazy coupon lady, they are a godsend. They will give you all the sales from the stores you're interested in and will do the actual  breakdown of the coupons you need and how to purchase them (if necessary). Also a good place for sales is slickdeals. They dont do the breakdown but they do have a lot of sales posted that the KCL doesn't. as for teammates not sure, but i think you find them on your fb friends list...i need teammates one does nothing and the other 2 don't dig ibotta too much...oh well but i hope this helps you out. oh and FYI i have come close to cashing out on close to $200. it takes time and you need to be consistent. 

MichelleC
Shopper

Hi Jessy! Welcome! Consistency is key. I’ve made over $300 which seemed to take forever because I wasn’t consistent. I only had a few teammates and they didn’t do much. I did see this post regarding adding teammates. You can also add me if you’d like. It is easier to hit the team bonuses when you have teammates who use the app (although I have hit a few entirely on my own). (I did earn quite a bit around Christmas a couple years ago by ordering gifts online and fulfilling those challenges as well.)

February 2021 Teamwork Thread - ADD TEAMMATES HERE

Community Manager

0 Likes

RCKCreatEnt
Deal Expert

@Jessy2253 Hi, you sound like you WANT to make this work

Have you ever INTENTLY RUMMAGED through your Ibotta app? If you did you would find lots of offer items for which you would spend $10 or less, and many of THOSE are $5 or less

It's not the TYPE of item or service for which you earn cash back that matters, nor is it important HOW MUCH you spend or even how much cash back you ACCUMULATE

The big 🗝️ to getting the most out of Ibotta is COMPLETING AS MANY OFFERS AS POSSIBLE every month, enough to qualify for the Level 3 Teamwork Bonus (it only makes sense you have to first earn the Level 1 and 2 Teamwork Bonuses). It doesn't matter if you have to go solo (I've had to do it my whole 2+ years in Ibotta so far), you got 1 to 100+ teammates who ALL JUST DON'T GET IT (I got ONE  'TEAMMATE' who in 1.5+ years in Ibotta hasn't earned ONE FREAKIN' thin dime because she doesn't GET it, and I don't think she WANTS to get it) or you got 1-100+ teammates who are just on 🔥 for Ibotta

MichelleC
Shopper

Initially I joined through my daughter who was in college at the time. Completely forgot about it so she didn’t even get her referral bonus which was pretty good at the time. I have a few friends who connected through FB but they haven’t contributed much if anything to bonuses. I love this app! Trying to make it work for me!

0 Likes

shykunoichi94
Rewards Hunter

What i usually do is first go thru the offers and think what i need before i make the trip. And to double check i scan the product to make sure I'm getting the offer. As fir team members, that's when you tell one of your friends to sign up for Ibotta via facebook. Hope it helps! Happy ibotta-ing ! 

0 Likes