cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

How do I add Thanksgiving deal items to my cart on WalMart?

Lois92346
Rewards Hunter

I linked my iBotta to my Walmart account; shopped the Thanksgiving Deal items on iBotta but how do I get them to show up on my Walmart shopping cart at checkout? I added other groceries to my cart. They're there but not the Thanksgiving deals. HELP!

0 Likes

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: How do I add Thanksgiving deal items to my cart on WalMart?

VVascal
Rewards Hunter

I just signed up last week and went thru the same process of confusion lol.  

So here's what I did:  Check the green checkmark to the right side of the items.  Then on the Walmart pickup site, find the same items and add them to the cart.  I found out after the order that you CAN use the ibotta app to create the shopping cart but it's slower.  (It seems to be mimicking the walmart app. )   This way, you are guaranteed the free turkey and other items if you've checked those, too.  

You have to pay for the turkey and other items first then the refund comes about 24hrs later to the ibotta account.  

BTW:  make sure you add the exact turkey to your cart, the pictures should match and it's 3lbs.  There's another variation of this turkey.  

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

dcourington
Rewards Hunter

I just joined and it required me to use the browser add on so I could see the list of items that you can get money back for.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Lois92346
Rewards Hunter

I'm afraid I still don't understand. I'm attempting this process for the first time and I am on my laptop (vs phone). I have added the iBotta extension to Chrome. Maybe I should try another browser. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Rickibotta
Deal Master

You want the browser extension added to chrome.  It is after all the Chrome Extension.

You add the deals to ibotta.   By doing so, you are selecting all things you MAY want to buy with an ibotta rebate.

As such, they would not get added to a shopping cart.

You still need to add them to your shopping cart as you normally would.

I am thinking there are two different 'views' to add from.  I believe one of them is like WALMART GROCERY or something, and I think this is the ibotta.  .  Someone else can clarify this part.  I don't use the extension.

Remember to disallow substitutions because ibotta will not pay for them.

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
Solved! Go to solution

Lois92346
Rewards Hunter

What I mean to say was I added the Ibotta browser extension 3.10.0 to Chrome.

I guess it's true. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. (77 y.o) I'm upset about this because I did want to take advantage of the Thanksgiving deal.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

VVascal
Rewards Hunter

I just signed up last week and went thru the same process of confusion lol.  

So here's what I did:  Check the green checkmark to the right side of the items.  Then on the Walmart pickup site, find the same items and add them to the cart.  I found out after the order that you CAN use the ibotta app to create the shopping cart but it's slower.  (It seems to be mimicking the walmart app. )   This way, you are guaranteed the free turkey and other items if you've checked those, too.  

You have to pay for the turkey and other items first then the refund comes about 24hrs later to the ibotta account.  

BTW:  make sure you add the exact turkey to your cart, the pictures should match and it's 3lbs.  There's another variation of this turkey.  

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Lois92346
Rewards Hunter

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to respond. I'll give it one more try. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

amandaleah82
Shopper

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

PattyRain
Rewards Hunter

Is there anyway to tell they even receieved it before you get credited?  

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

mmoore01
Shopping Enthusiast

In the phone app, you can select the Bell in the top right corner of the Home screen.  

If you don't find it there, you can select Account in the bottom right corner and then Your Earnings.

If you purchased your Thanksgiving Dinner online at Walmart Pickup (and your Ibotta account is linked with Walmart), it could take 24 to 48 hours to get credit after you picked it up.

0 Likes