cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep track of FAO?

DCinMD
Deal Sharer

Not all stores offer the same FAO. Ibotta doesn’t have the FAO category that groups all FAO for that particular store in one place yet. 

How do you keep track of them? 

I usually take a screenshot of the FAO for the store that I want to visit. So that once I am there I don’t get distracted by so many eye candies! This way  I know which store and what product to look for before I go inside the store. 

I recently did an FAO challenge where I visited 4 stores to find their elusive FAOs. That challenge gave me that sense of adventure of going somewhere very far that I couldn’t have during Covid! 

7 Replies

Re: How do you keep track of FAO?

SaverGirl67

I don’t track them separately. I add them to the list for the store I’m going to visit and I star them so I know to look for them first. 

0 Likes

OBSHOP
Shopping Enthusiast

@DCinMD 

When I make a shopping list by the store I'm planning on visiting all FAO are highlighted.  This helps me to know I should look for these items first....

Seasons change, gray skies will turn blue.
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@DCinMD 

So.....lol.....I have spreadsheets.  Many different ones for different reasons.

Anyway,  I have a spreadsheet for my shopping list.    It details everything I need, including amounts for DQ, PQ, ibotta, FETCH, Checkout51, Swagbucks, Shopkicks, Kroger Cash Back, etc.

I print out that list when I go to the store, hiding many of the columns.   

While still at the store, I check the receipt to see that all DQs and PQs came off correctly so I can resolve them at the store immediately.  I am sure most people do not want to do this, but I don't like having to return another time for adjustments

The more apps you have, the more difficult it is to track.   To those casual users who think some of us cr-azy, I get it.   Many of us enjoy the hunt.   It can take a lot or a little time.

Everyone has to find the system that works for them. 

Everyone has to decide what their goals are of the couponing & rebating.

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"

rocklady6960
Shopper

What's a FAO?

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@rocklady6960 

Free After Offer

“about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

What-Shot
Super Saver

@rocklady6960  FAO = Free After Offer. Technically, it's the abbreviation for the term ibotta uses on their rebate offers for free items. In general, we also sometimes use it here for non-ibotta offers that end up being free.

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@rocklady6960 

I was actually revising my answer when What replied.   

The only other thing I was going to mention other than what she already did is that it may not technically be completely free if your state has tax and the item is taxable.  However taxes are never really mentioned in deals because they vary from state to state."

Some people may also simply say FAO even if it is a moneymaker.

Regardless, FAO pretty much means free after all coupons and rebate discounts.

0 Likes