cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How has the pandemic affected your online shopping eg Amazon has very limited cash back deals

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I can't say that the pandemic has changed my shopping at all.  All of my stores were open throughout the pandemic.

Yes, I do make more online purchases, but not because of the pandemic.  I shop online to get Ibotta bonuses.  I rarely shopped at Amazon before the pandemic and I still only make a couple orders at Amazon per year.

I did shop more online with Walmart prior to the pandemic, but less now because there are few categories left to earn money with Ibotta.

0 Likes

Re: How has the pandemic affected your online shopping eg Amazon has very limited cash back deals

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813 @mmoore01   Wow - this post was from August - and now here we are 6 months later. 

Here in NY - we SHUT DOWN in March 2020 (as most of you know).  I personally think the Governor did a great job (don't get me started on the current "me too movement" - he should be GONE).  But this is not a political conversation (sorry), and I think he did a great job.

We ordered online and picked up.  My husband went into the stores once a week (and I stayed home).  Often, there were long lines outside to get in.  Paper goods were really scarce, but being a couponer, we were well stocked. We wiped all the purchases down when he came home (and still do).  We found a butcher about 20 minutes away and could do order pick up.   As many of you know, I do not eat beef, and primarily cook chicken.  Hubby is allergic to fish.  We were buying 3-4 dozen eggs at a time and 30-40 pounds of chicken at a time.  (Thankfully my freezer didn't break down until several months later. 

Shopping online - I always shopped Amazon and use it to send gifts to family and friends, so yes, my shopping habits had changed.  No I'm back in stores, masked up and trying to be as careful as possible.  Mom is getting her 2nd vaccine today.

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@FelskyNY  Wiping down all purchases completely overkill & not necessary!

0 Likes

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@Icequeen813   I agree - but my husband is a bit overzealous.  

0 Likes