cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long could you go without food shopping?

SaverGirl67

So I was chatting with some friends at work and was shocked (and a little horrified) to find out they don’t keep basic food supplies in their house. If I had to estimate I would guess that I could go at least 2-3 months without shopping if I had to. They all thought that was crazy  Lol 

So my question is if you had to stop shopping today how long do you think you could go without starving?

9 Replies

Re: How long could you go without food shopping?

Dana
Deal Expert

I stopped shopping when my area went into lock down last year. I Had enough food until December I still had to buy milk and eggs  but that's all I was buying.

What-Shot
Super Saver

In terms of food supply, we could go a few months.

In terms of sanity-management, I can go no more than a couple of days....depending on how many FAOs are taunting me from my ibotta gallery. 

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~

megla
Core Shopper

without an added freezer and just the regular fridge freezer about 2 weeks honestly - i eat A LOT of food and meat

Janet1964
Super Saver

At least 3 weeks except for milk & bread.

Luv2shop73
Saver

Lol,  I  still have canned goods from stock piling from the first shelter in place when COVID hit last year! But that doesn't stop me from adding to it, and since I don't have a deep freezer I keep my eyes open for good meat deals.

Be-Bop-A-Lula
Super Saver

Technically we could last a couple of months.  However, I hope to never be in a situation where I can’t go at least once a week for perishables, especially fresh produce.

Shrikesong
Shopper

I used to make my big runs once a month, especially after the pandemic hit. I don't stock up like I used to mainly because my grocery stores, convenience stores, and organic markets are so close to me now that I've moved. I walk everywhere now and don't tend to stockpile since it's so much easier for me to access those things. If everything closed down, though, I think I could go a month to a month and a half at the very most. I have several food allergies and it's hard enough to find everything I can eat anyway. I don't always get the opportunity to stock up. That said, I do have a lot of canned chicken breast and rice, I could eat on that for a long time.

Christie2
Rewards Guide

We could go for months easily.  Then we still wouldn't starve but the meals might get more "creative."

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

@SaverGirl67  It’s possible that your co-workers eat  out or order out all meals.   You know what I make dinner..... reservations!!  Lol .