cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long to Wait?

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

I shopped at Rite Aid last Saturday morning and uploaded the receipt to Ibotta about an hour after I left the store. It still shows as pending, over 72 hours later. The default message for Rite Aid says approval usually takes 48 hours. 

Does the amount of the rebate matter? I did several Nivea men deals and the Oral-B totaling over $15. 

I uploaded a receipt from Ralphs for much less later that day and I was credited within a couple of hours. 

In the  CNN past I’ve received an email or a notification if there was a problem with my receipt, but so far nothing. 

I have another receipt from Rite Aid from last night, for the $2.18 Werther’s offer, which is also still pending, but that’s been less than 24 hours. 

I started uploading my Rite Aid receipts last year instead of waiting for them to be processed automatically because it seemed a lot faster. Now I’m not so sure. 

Anyway—any thoughts on how long I should wait before contacting Ibotta? Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: How Long to Wait?

Dana
Deal Expert

Your rite aid receipt can be stuck I've see post that some receipts were like that not just rite aid. You'll need to put in a ticket for them to push it through.

0 Likes

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I always wait the full wait period listed for the store.  Then I open a request.

I currently have a receipt from The Fresh Market that is right at 48 hours.  If I don't get a response by tomorrow, I will open a request.

I can only guess that the amount of time needed to approve a request is NOT based on the amount.  Instead, they are probably verifying the receipt.  If you had to scan a UPC during the submittal, they must check to make sure it matches the rebate.  I am sure there are a lot of reasons for a delay. 

We just came off of a Holiday weekend, so many Ibotta personnel may have taken a day off.  

Just a few guesses.

0 Likes

ChipL955
Deal Sharer

Thanks to you both for the replies. I opened a ticket and have gotten the standard email that it has been received. Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes