cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How much do you average a month in savings?

Savingforfive
Rewards Hunter

My biggest month was $50. On average $10. We don't buy name brand a lot & simply don't use many things offered.

Lvlysaver81
Rewards Hunter

Same here. It’s been a challenge matching good deals shopping online/delivery.

Spider2946
Rewards Hunter

Same with me, hasn't been alot of products that I use lately on Ibotta.

Lisalikestosave

Check the prices on items you use - often the deals make it a much better price to buy the brand names. For example, recently with the cereals - there were so many options under $1 and some even free! I donated a lot to my church's food pantry and sugared up my niece and nephew for a few months. Same with the toothpastes. I have some issues with my gums, so I am sooo happy to have the Paradontax and Sensodyne rebates.

I check the app, read the store circular, look for coupons and check the app again. Between the regular cash back and the mid-week, and week-end bonuses, and the other bonuses.... you can save much more with the brand names.

DuffyT
Rewards Hunter

I manage a non-profit animal rescue at Petco so I use my Ibotta pay there and so I save more money than most as I spend over a hundred dollars a week at Petco.

lisaiowa
Deal Sharer

we have a large family. I average $1000 per year in savings. I love Walmart grocery pickup. Linking my Ibotta account to my Walmart account makes it super easy to shop for items with a rebate. I do my regular grocery shopping at a regional store so I really only shop wm for rebates. My other very favorite rebate is Warby Parker for glasses and contacts. 

abbywindsor
Rewards Hunter

Wow! You save that much every month? I'm happy if I get $20. I'll admit a lot of the brands I don't buy or I already have a bulk supply of cereal and don't buy things for the sake of getting money back. July was my best month of 2020 and that is due to Walmart grocery pickup finally being added for redemption. I spend too much time placing my order- bouncing between ibotta on my phone and Walmart on my ipad but I was able to get back $39.60 on just one visit!

Some months are definitely better than others. I'm anxiously awaiting my first split the bonus team redemption with team beach ball.

tinydancer
Shopper

I'm from big family but the cost adds more than I save a lot of time. I'm on a tighter budget during pandemic so my average isn't that high recently. I'll add that it also depends on what is offered that month too.

0 Likes

JoeyMatto
Shopper

2020 has been a wild ride . A few months ago , when all our lives were impacted , I thought , the game is up , no more savings , no more practically free groceries . 

Up to this point , the average is $125 / mo ! 

2019 averaged $140 / mo . Only $15 down a month  over LY , but there is still about a quarter of the year left , so to beating ly . 

0 Likes

ashleya1617
Rewards Hunter

I have a big family, me, my husband, 2 kids and 3 step kids, but I don’t seem to save that much! At least not just with Ibotta. I’ve been actively using my ibotta account for about 6 months now and still have yet to reach $200! Maybe I’m just not buying the right stuff?? 

0 Likes