cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much have you saved?

KateZ93
Rewards Hunter

I have a little over 1200 dollars total earned AND I STILL CANNOT GET ANYONE TO USE THE APP!! IVE TRIED REFERRING PEOPLE AND HAVE MY EARNINGS TO SHOW HOW GREAT THE APP IS but no... Sadly friends arent interested 

How much have you earned on ibotta?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: How much have you saved?

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

I have been with Ibotta for less than 2 years but just this summer I started using it in earnest. I have saved about $280 total. Most of that was from the last month or two. I have told a few others about Ibotta and no one was interested either. The reason: it is too much work selecting offers and making sure you you buy the right thing and submitting receipts. The second reason: I don't have the time to look for money back offers and submitting receipts. The last reason: I don't buy the products offered on Ibotta. I only buy generic brands or the cheapest. The last reason was why I didn't use Ibotta for the longest time. I still buy mostly generic brands but because I have food stamps, I can now try a lot of the items on Ibotta. The problem is though that as soon as my husband finds another job, I won't have food stamps anymore and then I have to go back to our strict budget again. That means the only offers I will be able to get are the any brand offers. Though Ibotta is great, I think those with low incomes will have trouble finding enough offers to really save money. Then, those with multiple food allergy household's will also find it harder to find offers. For example, I have two kids. Both have dairy allergies. Youngest also has a soy allergy. Husband allergic to pork and me with asthma. Half the offers for food are things we can't eat. The other popular offers I can't buy either because the scents will cause me to have a asthma attack like the air wick offers. I think it really depends on the household but I do believe there are legitimate reasons why some don't use Ibotta.

Rickibotta
Deal Master

@Marethundsabre 

All those reasons are valid, and 'couponing' isn't for everyone.  Once your SNAP ends, I bet you will have become more adept at ibotta, and you will continue to at least keep an eye out for the moneymakers or the very cheap offers.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”
0 Likes

Marethundsabre
Skilled Saver

Yes, absolutely. I am not going to stop using Ibotta but I will be selective in what offers I choose. Even a few dollars saved is better than nothing. Maybe things will be better and I can get a larger grocery budget. $200 month won't stretch far with 4 people needing to eat, but we will be ok no matter the budget.