cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new here!!

scsunshine369
Rewards Hunter

Hi Everyone!

I have no ideal how this works.  I have this on my phone and have a bit of money in it.  I wanted to buy my husband some shoes he wanted.  So I thought I try and see if I could get some cash back from Ibottta.  Didn't even think about it not being here.  Then I come across this and have no idea what is going on.  so I created a new name and password.  so anyway 2 questions.

1.  How do you get the stuff you wish to purchase.

2.  Can this connect with your other Ibotta or are they already.

Thanks,

Susan

5 Replies

Re: I am new here!!

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

On your Ibotta app, find your favorite retailer, eg Penney’s Kohls ,Macy’s etc shop for best deals. This    is a “community of Ibotta saver”, sharing info

0 Likes

Icequeen813
Rewards Whiz

Penney’s is giving 3% cash back on qualifying purchases. Remember this is online shopping 

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"
0 Likes

bluebutterfly

If you are saying you now have 2 ibotta accounts, that is against Ibotta rules and you can get deactivated for that. Only one account per user. Delete one of them.

In order to get cash back for any purchase, you have to go through the ibotta app to the store you want to purchase from and read the details to see what that store is offering. Make your purchase at that store within ibotta.  It can take quite a while (like months) for online purchases to be credited to your account.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

scsunshine369,

I believe we all are not clear at all what you ware asking.

If you could clarify and be more specific, that would help.

There is only one ibotta. 

There are two shopping components:

1) The app.   Check offers on your phone and have $ credited to account in a day or two,  This is the original component.

2) The browser extension:  Similar to other online rebate sites where it may take a month or two to receive rebates, and you typically receive a flat percentage off of your purchase..  You add a browser extension and clickthrough ibotta to get rebates for online purchases.   The browser extension is NOT the same as the mobile app.  It is NOT used for the traditional functionality of adding rebate offers to your account or for redeeming offers.  I believe you MAY be able to use this for some online grocery such as Walmart, etc. for pickup or delivery, but I don't do that so I can't say.  But this is not the same as the app.

There are two official ibotta 'communities':  (and other user-driven ones in other locations)

These have nothing to do with the actual shopping components mentioned above.  They also have nothing to do with each other.  They are basically forums where information is exchanged.

1) The ibotta Saver Community on Facebook page - I believe it was invitation only once you hit $500 lifetime earnings.  They have said that group is shutting down at the end of the month, but others are saying  on the down-low that it is not actually being shut down.

2) This ibotta community [https://community.ibotta.com/] where you posted your question.

USERNAME & PASSWORDS

Login Credentials for this community and the ibotta app are different.  It does not mean you have two accounts.  To verify this, go to your app and try to log in with the login credentials you are curious about.  I am fairly certain you only have the one account, but it is each for your to check.

Pay With ibotta (PWI)

You mentioned you have 'a bit of money in it', and I assume this means you have some $ in your ibotta account.  I believe this is B&M shopping only at over 50 participating stores.  During checkout, you select PWI, and then ibotta gives you a code that you provide to the cashier for payment.   The payment amount is deducted from your ibotta balance.  You then get instant cashback from ibotta.   You need to have enough ibotta balance to pay for the entire purchase of the PWI transaction. 

hopefully some of this makes sense and helps you

(ALL:  Please do correct anything I have misstated.  Thanks)

"about me: Suburbs of Indianapolis Indiana. BOILER UP!! Favorite stores: Kroger & Meijer"