cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

I’m new do anyone have any good tips?

Moneyrecycler
Rewards Hunter

I use to coupon a while ago, and thought I would give this a try so far it’s been fun!  Do anybody have any tips or pointers to be successful?

Accepted Solutions
Solved! Go to solution

Re: I’m new do anyone have any good tips?

CLongbrake
Shopper

Usually Wednesday and Sunday I go through my 2-3 stores and update my offers. I keep a notebook because my memory isn't the best. Then I can compare which store has the best deal because they will vary. Sunday's I check the coupons and check coupon.com for digital coupons. I shop Kroger so I check their digital coupons on Wednesday and Friday. I also check their Kroger Cash. You can stack an Ibotta rebate, coupon and Kroger Cash together. Same with Target coupons, Walgreens and CVS bonuses. I also check Krazy Coupon Lady app or website. She will tell you where to find coupons to go with an item, if there is an Ibotta for it, if there is Kroger Cash etc. 

The key to getting the most is stacking. You can also stack your Ibotta bonuses. If you have a monthly bonus for say 5 offers, a weekend bonus for 10 offers and a bigger one for 30 offers the two little ones will count toward the bigger ones. So your 5 will count as part of the 10 & the 30. The 10 will also count toward the 30. So doing the 30 will get you all 3 bonuses. Also if there are bonuses for the items you are buying you get them also plus the items all count, unless they are for any brand. It has to be a name brand rebate to count for a bonus.

A lot of times you can find a digital coupon, store bonuses, ibotta rebate and Ibotta bonus to get your item cheaper, free or a money maker. 

Hope this helps and if you have any questions there are a lot of us 'old timers' here who are glad to help out!

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Solved! Go to solution

Allthatandsmore
Rewards Hunter

Make sure to join the Facebook group Ibotta's Top Savers. It is a group that helps you stay on top of saving on Ibotta.

Solved! Go to solution

Partyof5
Rewards Hunter

I like to start working on my grocery list on Wednesday when all the new sale ads drop.

Be mindful of any rebates that have a countdown to expire.

Always check to see if you have bonuses for the week/weekend. 

Link your Walmart account,  if you have one, and add all rebates needed BEFORE checkout so you don't have to scan your receipts 

Solved! Go to solution

CKramkowski
Rewards Hunter

I like to hit up Couponmom.com they show you the coupon and ibotta and other website deals

Solved! Go to solution

CLongbrake
Shopper

Usually Wednesday and Sunday I go through my 2-3 stores and update my offers. I keep a notebook because my memory isn't the best. Then I can compare which store has the best deal because they will vary. Sunday's I check the coupons and check coupon.com for digital coupons. I shop Kroger so I check their digital coupons on Wednesday and Friday. I also check their Kroger Cash. You can stack an Ibotta rebate, coupon and Kroger Cash together. Same with Target coupons, Walgreens and CVS bonuses. I also check Krazy Coupon Lady app or website. She will tell you where to find coupons to go with an item, if there is an Ibotta for it, if there is Kroger Cash etc. 

The key to getting the most is stacking. You can also stack your Ibotta bonuses. If you have a monthly bonus for say 5 offers, a weekend bonus for 10 offers and a bigger one for 30 offers the two little ones will count toward the bigger ones. So your 5 will count as part of the 10 & the 30. The 10 will also count toward the 30. So doing the 30 will get you all 3 bonuses. Also if there are bonuses for the items you are buying you get them also plus the items all count, unless they are for any brand. It has to be a name brand rebate to count for a bonus.

A lot of times you can find a digital coupon, store bonuses, ibotta rebate and Ibotta bonus to get your item cheaper, free or a money maker. 

Hope this helps and if you have any questions there are a lot of us 'old timers' here who are glad to help out!

View solution in original post

Solved! Go to solution

Re: I’m new do anyone haveany good tips?

Sewgorgeous
Rewards Hunter

Welcome moneyrecycler!

These are some things I’ve found useful ...

Use ‘Pay with Ibotta’ in store and online; check out the ‘Pay with Ibotta’ lists of stores/restaurants/etc. regularly to see if your retailer is included and how much the reward is (it changes frequently!)

Scan receipts in promptly, and take advantage of “Any Brand” offers.  Often there are “any brand” rewards for simply visiting a retailer.

Also know you can combine Ibotta with your couponing to increase your savings.  Some of the best savings come from taking advantage of retailers sales (especially buy one get one free) combined with coupons and Ibotta.

Lastly, sign up for text messages. They can alert you in real time to savings opportunities where you are. 

Best of luck to you, and have fun!

Solved! Go to solution

Daisygirl826
Rewards Hunter

Is the pay with Ibotta thing complicated, bc I was looking at it and it says you have to put in the amount of your purchase and then it sends you like a GF # or something and you pay at register with that, but that just seems like such a process, especially if there are people waiting on me...it gets intimidating 😳 lol

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

JamiL
Shopper

I would say your first run. Just do basic items. The things in your store you know they always have. 
Just buy 1 item at a time at the beginning. 
it helps understand and see the exact amount you spent and made. 

Solved! Go to solution

shaila
Deal Sharer

I suggest finding a deals blog that's centered in your general region, so you're more likely to see matchups (stacking opportunities) that actually work with your stores. Not that every deal is limited to a specific region, even blogs several states away from you can have good info, but deals for stores that are nowhere near you aren't very helpful.

Download apps for your favorite stores, as many are genuinely useful. Not only providing fast access to weekly ad, but offering a shopping list feature with aisle listing. And several will actually tell you what's in stock at your store and the current prices. At the least, that keeps you from walking all over a store just to find out something with a hot deal is sold out or has a much bigger cost than what you heard.

I use Google Keep to create master lists of things I need, things that will need attention soon, and things that would be nice extras to get. Then when I'm seriously thinking about making a store run, I load up deals and mark the matchups that are most beneficial.

☀️
~~ breathe, think, do ~~
Solved! Go to solution

Julie1168
Rewards Hunter

@Daisygirl826 ,
At first it was confusing to me. But now I have the app already pulled up on my phone before I check out. As soon as the total is complete, I punch total in and it processes very quickly. A gift card barcode is generated and then I scan the code with the handheld scanner (I do self checkout bc sometimes the employees are not up to date on processes) 
Good luck!!