cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved! Go to solution

Re: I’m new do anyone have any good tips?

tinmanlover1994
Shopper

I myself have been using the ibotta app for a long time and I was also a couponer too as well up until the recent event  that's going on in the world. I manly just stick to using ibotta for saving money. 

For me every week on Sunday's I add all the offers to the stores that Mu family shops at all of them because it is so much easier to do because when your summit your Recpects you don't wonder did I add that offer or did I or you might have forgotten to add the offer to your account and you have to add it and then summit your receipt. 

I add the any brand  offers as well to because theirs time were my family buys stuff and it's the store brand or any name brand it might not have an offer put you can still save a little bit of money while shopping. 

I also summited all the store receipts  from the stores that we went to  all at once while in town say stopped at  more then one store Walmart the dollar tree and so on and summit rightba way if you can or for myself I alway wait to summit everything when my parents are home and I help put away the grocherys and I grab all the things that have an offer to summit. with Walmart they have wifi in the store so before you leave the store scan Walmart  receipt befor leaving Walmart so that you have all the offers and be able to summit and get your earning right a way in case any offers disappear. 

I woudnt worry about the bonus right now theirs been times were I get a bonus without even trying 

I personally don't worry about hitting the bonus at all I hardly do any and if I get a bonus cool. That's a little extra money that's a good surprise Same for the level bonus if you reached level 1 that's awesome 

then once you reach the $20-$25 wirhdraw amount  cash out right away don't let it build up you can if you want but I'd peronaly cash out Everything You have enough earnings from ibotta to wirhdraw the money.  I for me manly get gift cards for Walmart or have put the money into PayPal but Walmart is my go to  I know that now you can withdraw your money into your bank account but I'd peronaly haven't done that option it's a new feature so be careful  

I don't really refer anybody I've tried but I haven't gotten anybody to sign up for ibotta if anything I've gotten 1-2 people to sign  up and their we're family members and they don't use the ibotta app at all  

you can not log out of your  account and log into  into another's Family and or friends account

You can get your account deactivated removed from ibotta 

If you have a big family like I do have your spouce or kids save the the store  receipts and have them give them too you when they get home from the store and summit them for any cash back 

make it a habit for you and your family to save the  receipt from the stores.

then lastly theirs some stores on ibotta that you don't have to scan a  receipt to get your offers instiden put in your store rewards/ loyalty card number and again add all the offers to your list on ibotta and when you go  to the store you scan your store  card at checkout you'll get your cash back offer earnings without having to scan anything. 

I hope this helps if you need any more tips let me know 

Solved! Go to solution

BarbaraG
Saver

You mention linking with my WM account. I have been fussing with the Ibotta and WM pages for two hours and can't find a way to link them. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

Re: I’m new do anyone haveany good tips?

Dellie
Rewards Hunter

I’m very new to Ibotta, and recently tried to pay with it.  The cashier had never heard of it and could not get the bar code to scan.  I ended up

paying again with my debit card, hence paying twice!!  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

T1961
Rewards Hunter

How do you pay with Ibotta ? I linked my debit card but not sure how you enter it at register 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

BarbaraG
Saver

I surely do understand the question, as I was - and sometimes still am - intimidated when checkout time comes. On my app, it opens to the home page and there is a button on the right side near the top that says "Pay with Ibotta 5%." That opens to a window that says "Pay with Ibotta" in the green bar across the middle of the screen. That opens up to a place where you can punch in the amount the cashier tells you. Then show her the screen so she can scan. Should be all you have to do, the rest is for her to finish up and give you a receipt. I see right now there is a 5% bonus. I've not seen that since I've been paying with a debit card, but now that I have seen it -----   Well, let's just say that if I bought $100 worth of groceries, it would be a little foolish to pass up a $5 bonus.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

BarbaraG
Saver

You share some good tips. I just realized that I should look to see what bonus I may be working on, like when it tells you that if you buy three of the same item in three separate transactions, and consider those items as more important than some others. Not that it is wrong to leave a bonus partially finished, but it's nice to just get the extra bonus. And I found out the hard way, of course, that when it says "separate transactions," that I can't buy them all on one receipt.

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

valbennett17
Rewards Hunter

Number one tip is look at Ibotta to make your shopping list. if you get coupons use your coupons along with Ibotta for even bigger savings. I have saved $1,100 since March of 2017 using ibotta. I absolutely love it!

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

emmiej
Shopper

I don’t find the pay with Ibotta complicated. It’s a great way to get extra back. As I head to checkout, I navigate to that area of the app, make sure I have the store open, and have it to the point of entering the amount. Fewer cards you have as payment methods, the faster it will go. It’s really quick to type in the amount and click purchase. The barcode pops up really quickly - don’t navigate away from that until the cashier says it went (you can get back to it, but it adds time). If you’re concerned about it, you can try it without finalizing the purchase to see how long it takes you. Or complete it at a small amount and screenshot the barcode for use later so you can be more familiar with it. 

0 Likes
Solved! Go to solution

trolsgirl
Deal Sharer

Buy items your household will use and be on the lookout for the reset when you can get multiples of an item.

Plan your list and shopping trip and scan the item in the store to make sure it is eligible for the rebate.

Try to hit your weekend bonuses and mid week bonuses to maximize your savings. 

Solved! Go to solution

Janys
Rewards Hunter

Veo muchos expertos y quiero aprender de ustedes para igual yo compartir hablan de una pag.en Facebook con que perfil lo encuentro?

0 Likes