I’m new here tips for me

Blazingiconette
Rewards Hunter

Please let me know tips if anyone has any

4 Replies

Re: I’m new here tips for me

Dana
Deal Expert

It's not rocket science don't over think it. Go into the store you want to shop at. At the top it will tell you how to get your rebate scan receipt, link account/card, or both if both you can pick one. If it's a linked store link before you do anything. Click on what you want to buy then go buy it if it's a linked store you do not have to do anything but wait pending time is normally 48 hours buy can take 3-5 days sometimes longer that's with all linked accounts. If it's a scan click on what you want to buy then buy it the scan receipt follow the prompts it tells you exactly what you need to do. Then wait for it to process a few hours to a day. For online purchases like the children's place, home depot etc go into the website from ibotta and do your normal shopping just like if you were to be on the website on a computer do not use any coupons or discount codes because you will not get the rebate they don't double dip that way. When you're done exit out and up to 90 days or whatever the pending time is it will say in the fine print (read the fine print on everything it will tell you exactly what you can get) you'll get the rebate. If you don't get credit for something or it misses something keep your receipt and packaging they will need that info when you put in a ticket. Tickets take a week some longer to get answered because people put in tickets for every little thing they will get back to you and help.

What
Deal Ambassador

Welcome!

Yes, indeed, there are many features in the ibotta app....many tips & tricks to learn along the way, but the best way to start learning it is to start using it.

Here's a play-by-play list of what I recommend for a newbie to do to begin familiarizing themselves with the app:

1. Start with an in-store shopping trip at Walmart (because Walmart is the easiest store to work with in the app and it’s the store with the most offers).
  2. DO NOT link any store accounts to ibotta until you are more familiar with ibotta (it may sound easy/tempting to link your card/account, but often creates confusion for newbies). 

Before you go to shopping

1. Open the ibotta app
  2. Select Walmart as the store where you will shop.
  3. Click/activate any offers of interest to you (particularly those that have the banner "free after offer)--and ALL of the "any item" offers.

While you are shopping:

1. Open the app and go to the Walmart in-store.
  2. It's good to scan the barcode of item(s) from the Walmart section of the app while in-store before purchase to confirm that they are eligible for the offers. 
  3. Buy some/all of your selected offers at Walmart (I suggest your ibotta shopping be on a separate receipt from your other purchases).
  4. Choose a payment option that will give you a printed/paper register-receipt.

After you make your purchase:

1. At your earliest convenience (after your purchase), return to the app, click the "redeem" button at the bottom of home screen....then follow the prompts. NOTE: It will tell you to "scan the barcode" printed on your receipt. It will automatically "check/identify" the eligible offers.
  2. Typically, cashback from receipt-scan, in-store Walmart purchases is credited to your account immediately.

NOTE: Again it is not essential that you start with Walmart, but (in my opinion) it is definitely the easiest for a newbie.

Happy ibotta-ing!

FelskyNY
Rewards Whiz

For more ideas from Ibotta Users, check out this link:
https://community.ibotta.com/t5/deals-forum/newbie-knowledge-wanted-please/m-p/8574

What
Deal Ambassador

The link that @FelskyNY shared is GREAT!!!!!

Happy ibotta-ing!