cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibbota needs to be shutdown!

morrison80909
Rewards Hunter

All - 

With over 750 filed complaints at the BBB, most of them complaints on issues around resetting passwords, lock accounts and cashing out, Ibbota must be shutdown!

I've been trying to reset my password for months, normally a very simple process but not with this "company", they know I want to cash out my balance and they will do anything possible to block it!

These people are criminals like most internet sites, they just have zero accountability!

Beware 

0 Likes
13 Replies

Re: Ibbota needs to be shutdown!

Dana
Deal Expert

I have been with ibotta since it started and I've never had a problem. I doubt they are trying to block you from anything. Have you contacted them about it through a ticket or facebook message? They normally help right away when they get to you.

Sherribryant59
Rewards Hunter

I've never had an ounce of trouble. I've always been able to withdraw my rebates immediately, all questions are answered, and any issue over a rebate resolved easily.

Don't assume we all have trouble/hate Ibotta.

That is a false assumption. I've had Ibotta since  July 2016 and it's been a seamles, hassle free app.

Pedie
Deal Sharer

I don’t think they are criminal 

or trying to cheat but boy I sure wish it was seedless and without problems.  I’ve been back on for about 3 weeks and have had at least 5 problems with not receiving rebates or bonuses and not one response.  Yes I’ve made money but don’t know if I want to keep at it with this many glitches.  I don’t want to keep spending time and money on the hope they will straighten things out and make it right.  

Hannah65
Rewards Hunter

I have not had any issues verifying my device or changing my password or changing my email address or even cashing out. I've been using the app for a year and a half and have done all of the above. If you are having trouble changing your password it might be that you may have created another account accidentally. Keep trying and don't give up because Ibotta has always been very helpful and their services excellent. The customer service reps are always willing to help out. I know that we are only allowed to have one account and if there was another account or more than one account that could cause our main account to get locked out until we have them delete the other accounts. I would say just right into customer service with your name and birthday and any email addresses you might have and let them search and correct the issue for you

0 Likes

Hannah65
Rewards Hunter

Ibotta it's a legit company and even my family members use it. Make sure you keep your I bought a app updated or it won't work right and right into customer service and let them know what is going on with resetting your password. 

0 Likes

Hannah65
Rewards Hunter

Usually if the company detects any fraudulent activity they may log in account to protect us. They always notify us by email so we should be checking our I botta messages. You should have something is not working correctly it could be an internet outage for a minute or the person using the app should read how Ibotta  works

0 Likes

Hannah65
Rewards Hunter

As with any software app there are always bugs or glitches and they have to be repaired in the next Ibotta update. We need to make sure our app is always updated and we need to be patient as I'm sure they are swarming with tickets and it takes time for agents to write back. There's no such thing as a seedless software application they all come with glitches. If you didn't receive cash back on an offer check the offer details and make sure you are using the barcode scanner to make sure it matches. If it doesn't send in pictures of your item and your receipt and the offers missed.

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

If you look, there have been an inordinate amount of tickets opened recently against ibotta with BBB.

Look deeper into the cases. 

The vast majority of them are things like:

• Customer had multiple accounts
  • Customer had more than 2 accounts attached to the same mobile device
  • Customer filed case with BBB the same day or the day after their purchase.
  • Automated system flagged saver's account for review based on one of the following reasons: Ibotta Saver data, shopping behavior, or account audits. 
  • Customer complaining they could not withdraw funds under $20. 
  • Customer is an id-iot and filed case for things that are simply not the way things work (case without merit)
“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Rickibotta
Deal Master

At least we know another reason why tickets are being delayed.   It seems there is an organized movement to overwhelm them with complaints with the bbb.  After some googling, I did find some references on forums elsewhere and such where people are really on a tirade to DESTROY (their words) ibotta.

Why, oh why, are there so many people who don't understand things are moving slower with covid.  And why don't people read the rules.

I feel for those of you who are locked out for no cause and can't withdraw your funds.   I have a sneaking suspicion that is the minority.   

Open your tickets.  Or contact them in FB.   Give them a week.  There do appear to be some workers (as in any profession or company) that don't seem to understand simple English well or fully understand your complaint, but with some patience, it will get to a competent person who will right your wrongs if owed.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”