Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ibotta Addict? or ibotta Enthusiast?

What-Shot
Super Saver

CONFESSION: 

It all started with my interest in "saving money." 🤑

It was fostered by my passion for puzzles. 

It was encouraged by my love for doing "shopping errands." 

My "work ethic" played a role: Finish what you start!

I'm now wondering: Do I need REHAB? or REBATES? 🤣

~ibotta.like.you.mean.it~
15 Replies

Re: ibotta Addict or ibotta Enthusiast

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot  I so agree - especially on the "work ethic part"

If you phrase the subject line as a question "Ibotta Addict or Ibotta Enthusiast?"

I would answer YES

As I've said before RL can be very difficult and I find rebating and couponing an escape.  This community has connected me to like minded individuals most of whom don't think I'm nuts (for the most part).  With 2020 being such a trying year both emotionally and financially, the NEED to rebate grew as did my available time to shop.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@FelskyNY Yes indeed, that IS the question! 

mmoore01
Deal Expert

You know you're an Ibotta Addict when you are disappointed when Walmart closes on Christmas Day.

I still haven't finished The Ride bonus and now I have the Weekend Winter Wonderland Bonus!

I did complete the December Level 3 bonus this morning.

I guess I shouldn't complain.  I have already made over $200 this month, the third month in a row.

What-Shot
Super Saver

@mmoore01  
Oh, that would be a great subject line for your next post: "You know you're an ibotta addict when....."

FelskyNY
Deal Master

@What-Shot @mmoore01  I am actually contemplated going to Target as my SK offers reset and I figured I can do a few Ibotta.  The nearby Target is a lot smaller and a lot less crazy than Walmart. 

Look - we are shopping at Walmart during a pandemic with many people who don't know a mask is supposed to cover their nose as well as their mouth, yet still many of us brave the stores.  That alone puts us in the former category rather than the latter. 

We think the people who "chase" tornados are a bit nuts - well.... who are we to judge LOL

Re: ibotta Addict? or ibotta Enthusiast?

What-Shot
Super Saver

@FelskyNY @mmoore01  
Both of you posted replies that left me LOL...but the best I could do was give you a like/👍/kudos. I so wish with a single tap/click I could express so much more than that! 

Icequeen813
Shopping Enthusiast

@What-Shot  Enthusiast!  Tbt... boredom  started  the enthusiasm I retired  from my nursing career after 45 years.

Donna2
Deal Ambassador

I'm a enthusiastic Ibotta addict now too! I came from a pretty hard core career drive in asset management whether it be running hotels or running communities so when I stopped working to be home and available for family more I definitley needed something productive to not only save money, but to keep my business brain functioning because its such a part of me. Im 52 and full of life and energy. Ibotta has been a great resource for me in saving money and staying active going on shopping trips for needed supplies but also the activity of the hunt! I have come to love the research in putting the deals together and also the brain excersize of developing a home budget and staying within it. Thats all part of the "business" challenge I need and love! PLUS..some really great people here on Ibotta I relate to very well! Happy Holidays friends!

FelskyNY
Deal Master

OK - my turn.  I'm 55 and live on Long Island.  My oldest son is 24 and just moved up to MA for work and I miss him terribly, but he's happy - most important thing.  My youngest is 20 and is in college - remote.  I stopped working as a bookkeeper/HR for about a year when I had my older son and was bored to tears (and money was really tight). I started doing medical transcription (with a really big dictionary and dial up internet)  from home 23 years ago and then built my business from there.  At first, it was to pay for a 2nd car, then to pay for nursery school, then to pay to redo the kitchen and so on.  During COVID things SHUT DOWN here in NY from March through June.  I had little if any work and lots of free time.  I've dieted in recent years and took the 3 months to walk and walk and walk the weight off with healthy eating, so I sit before you 40 pounds lighter. This isn't my first rodeo (TX reference) but I'm doing everything I can to keep it off. 

I mention RL (real life) often in my posts - I shoulder the responsibility of my mom with dementia and her partner who is 100 (along with his daughters).   Dementia is a sad burden, but as long as she recognizes my voice and is happy to hear from me, that's the most important thing. We are doing everything in our power to keep them together in their apartment until that choice is taken away from us.  There are also issues of depression and anxiety in the family, but that's a story for another day. 

Overall, I love sharing deals and stray comments and pretty much everything with all of you and hope you do too.