cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta and Walmart grocery Delivery are not yet robust enough to use

stuw6
Shopper

I just want to warn everyone that Ibotta and the Walmart Delivery are not quite ready for primetime.  I say this after trying it around ten times.  Though Ibotta customer service is excellent in eventually providing the expected credit.  It requires endless time and patience on the part of the customer.

At best, we receive half of the credits that we check off on the Ibotta site.  Sometimes, it's worse, sometimes slightly better.  This wouldn't be such a big issue, but Walmart Delivery does not give you a receipt.  The only record of your purchases is an email with a listing of what was ordered, shopped and substituted.  So when you contact customer service to get the credits for the products the Ibotta service missed, they ask you to scan the receipt.  Well this is impossible, since there is none.  When I emailed them the Walmart email, they say they will accept it this one time, though it's not their policy.  And even when I emailed them the order email, they claimed the products I purchased weren't on there.  Sadly they were.  I had to circle it for them to see it, which is no easy task to do to an email.  I ended up making a PDF of it and using Acrobat mark up tools to do so.

Nearly every time I am missing credits, I have to wait for Ibotta customer service to email me back (sometimes takes 24 hours) and then they ask me to scan the UPCs on the products.  This too is a major time suck and pain in the neck.  Especially for a dime or a quarter.  And since there is no receipt, this isn't your typical scan through the app.  You literally have to take pictures of the UPCs and email them in.  Every time you email them in, you need to fill out a rather lengthy form so customer service knows which ticket each additional communication is related to.

This service is supposed to make using Ibotta easier.  If it was programmed robustly, you would simply click the plus sign on the app or the Ibotta website, purchase the correct product and required quantity and receive the credit.  Instead, it literally takes hours of your precious time to get what you are owed.  Quite frankly, it is simply not worth it.  The service is clearly broken.

Since I'm sure some will assume that I must not be following the tricky requirements to use certain offers, this is not the case.  In my order yesterday, I did not even receive the ten cents credit off of any pasta.  My delivery included two boxes of pasta.

Does anyone else use Walmart Delivery and if so, are you experiencing the same mess using Ibotta that I am?

18 Replies

Re: Ibotta and Walmart grocery Delivery are not yet robust enough to use

Rlovato
Deal Sharer

When I use this service, I always have to enter a ticket. They usually credit me, but never do the items count toward my offers.

Kylasm1977
Deal Sharer

I've used Walmart Delivery/Pick up almost weekly since it was first made available.

I typically get credit anywhere from 1 hour to 12 hours, but occasionally 24 hours later.

I used 6 of the "any" offers on Sunday morning and received credit for them all.

I've rarely had 1 offer missing. I send a screenshot of the email receipt, pic of the item, and pic of upc...they give me my credit.

Happysmiler07
Shopper

Yep. Same mess! I order WalMart delivery at least once a week alwAys starting from the Ibotta app. There is always something missing and have to go through the mess of screenshots and opening a ticket. It's annoying. Especially when it was a free after rebate item. By the time they process some of the bonuses are expired. Very frustrating.

Welshcar
Skilled Saver

@stuw6  I feel your pain, I have given up on redeeming offers through the online service. 
There are multiple issues with receiving credits/bonuses for all retailers. I just posted about a missed earn more bonus. 
And, I have been using Ibotta for six years so I’m very familiar with how to use the app. 

SoCalHal
Core Shopper

I view it the same way as the linked-account option for Target:

Will they eventually get everything sorted, after sending enough support tickets? Probably. 

Is it worth using a part of the app that you know in advance you’ll have to submit tickets, when there are plenty of other options on the app that work smoothly?
No.  

tcbowers
Rewards Hunter

Soo true. Pick up is no better. Same email receipt, same BS from Ibotta about linking account, same problem with or without regular receipts of Never getting credit for multiple purchases and don't get any of the offer redemption bonuses. I also am starting to think that Ibotta's not worth all the time and stress. Could be amazing if they even bothered to try to improve this issue.

stuw6
Shopper

Yes!  Would be awesome.  I'm getting ready to give up on it.

Trendenter
Shopper

I just posted how to reprint your walmart receipt:

You can reprint any Walmart receipt. You will need: Store Location, Purchase Date, Last 4 digits of the card you used and the receipt total. Go here: https://www.walmart.com/receipt-lookup,

I found this because I didn't know that the activation code for a roblox gift card was on the receipt, not on the gift card.  This will allow you to print a register receipt that you can use to upload to ibotta. Tell your friends!

Chelle510
Rewards Hunter

I've used it twice and I only had 1 issue but it was in fact my mistake. I'd added an item that was showing as an available offer, but only because another receipt from a different store, hadn't processed yet.  Once that one processed, prior to the WM pickup processing thru, that offer was gone so I didn't get credit. 

I did these orders months ago and I was considering doing an order the other day and noticed that if I do it on my pc versus my phone, it shows which items count towards the offer.  that is helpful, because we all know that sometimes an item we expect to count towards an offer, doesn't match.  sometimes the any offers won't match for me when I scan in store on something that obviously should match, yet other times I'm surprised that I get it will pop up when I wasn't expecting it to. 

Personally - I am sticking to instore shopping so i can scan every item before checkout. 

0 Likes