cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ibotta and Walmart grocery Delivery are not yet robust enough to use

LaraL
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I really appreciate this feedback, and for what it's worth, I shared it with other teams internally as well. I think it's important that we work on this, so thank you for sharing.

0 Likes

Dolejoriginal
Deal Sharer

You are correct but it's not just ibotta, Walmart pickup and delivery has it's own flaws as well.  I thought the kinks would be worked out by now as the intial launch with the free meal for Thanksgiving had flaws.  I do like the fact I don't have to shop in the app because the card is linked and the fact the post is within 24 hours of delivery/pickup.  Other than that everything else is a headache.  I currently have several open tickets from this.  Last order I was missing 6 offers that are eligible but the funny thing is that I received 4 offers that weren't eligible, as I didn't even buy the product.  I had one any offer on any pie crust that was applied when I ordered no pie crust or anything that could be mistaken for a pie.  Then as mentioned the headache of sending a ticket then after that the whole receipt and what items and what offers and then pictures.  Like well you responded to the ticket a week later half the products are gone, the offers expired but I'm supposed to respond to you in 24 hours with all those information otherwise my ticket gets closed.  Well sorry that defeats the convenience of the service.  Yes I will continue to use it but I will no longer choose one item over another due to ibotta offer because who knows if it will even apply.  Well said though if it was better than it would be great.  @Trendenter thanks for the receipt lookup but with delivery it's hard to figure out which store they deliver from.  The actual date that the purchase gets closed out in Walmart system as they give you so many emails about the order plus a 24 hour window to tip before fully closing out purchase. 

stuw6
Shopper

Hope you can Lara.  We have a lot of options available and currently choose a local grocery store over Walmart for most of our orders simply so we can scan the receipt and obtain our Ibotta discounts.  We prefer the item selection and ease of using Walmart grocery online, but the prices end up cheaper at our local grocer since the discounts nearly always trigger from the receipt scan.  We too used to have it linked to Ibotta, but it simply misses too many items.

Here's hoping that it improves and that the post I shared helps.

AMac21
Rewards Hunter

Same experience and exact same frustrations !

mmoore01
Rewards Whiz

I have used Walmart Pickup and Delivery only a couple of times, when there was a bonus tied to a Pickup and Delivery order.

The last time I did one was back in February.  The ordering went smooth and I got everything I ordered.  I only had one substitution, but the substitution also had an Ibotta rebate.

I purchased 19 items, every one had an Ibotta rebate.  I only needed 15, I believe, but I ordered extra items, just in case there was something out of stock.  I was happy to get everything I ordered.

In the past, it took less than 24 hours to get credit.  After 48 hours, I opened a request.  It turned out, Ibotta didn't get my order from Walmart at all.  I ended up sending screenshots of the offers, pictures of the products and the UPCs.  I sent in a copy of the email from Walmart showing EVERYTHING I picked up with the order.  I had nearly 60 attachments.  

I have no idea if Ibotta Care looked at all 60 attachments.  But they gave me credit for everything AND the bonus.

In my opinion, Ibotta should have taken the email from Walmart, compared it with what Walmart had for the Order Number and that would be it.  The email is very detailed about what each product is, what size, flavor, etc.  It should be a simple task for Ibotta to verify every item that was purchased, without me having to take pictures of the items and the UPCs.  That's just a waste of time for me and, like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Ibotta Care didn't even look at all the attachments.

I realize there is always a fear of cheating, but most of us just want to get what we deserve.  By comparing our email from Walmart with what Walmart says we bought should be good enough to verify everything. 

I haven't done another Walmart Pickup and Delivery since then.  I prefer to buy my items in the store, verify everything with Ibotta, purchase them and then submit my receipt while I am still in the store.  It is easier and faster.

0 Likes

rindermaur
Rewards Hunter

I purchased Walmart + and I have not received any Ibotta rewards on any thing. I thought there was a $50 bonus for the year membership plus Ibotta products. I pay a $7 fee called “tip”fee each delivery on each order also. Am I doing something wrong?  I must admit I am disappointed at this point.

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

How long ago did you redeem the offer? Did you shop for the subscription through the Ibotta app or Walmart's website directly? For what it's worth it does say it can take up to 90 days in the offer details, but I'm not sure how long it's been at this moment.

0 Likes

stuw6
Shopper

I didn't get my $50 rebate for signing up for Walmart+ either.  I like the service a ton, so I felt it was worth it.  I also knew it would be nearly impossible to explain it to customer service. 😛

0 Likes

LaraL
Community Manager

I would still submit a ticket. If they can see that the transaction was made while using the app and it's been at least 90 days, you should get the $50 credit.

0 Likes