cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta browser extension will no longer show a pink icon by items available for cash back

Yushiulin
Shopper

Vary disappointed to see this go away...

I have enjoyed the Walmart pick-up order via ibotta as I can click on the offer and it will automatically find the items qualified for rebates! I was so excited when I discover this function last year so I started to utilize the online/pick-up portion of the ibotta, only for Walmart, just because of this!

It saves me a lot of time trying to research and figure out if an item is qualified for rebates. This is super useful as ordering online you are risking the item is not qualified, as you can scan a barcode to check in-store but you can't online. I also end up having more rebates and bonuses, I guess, I will need to go back to my in-store routine but time is really a factor, so I think I will do less shopping this year....

Yushiulin_0-1654892533367.png

13 Replies

Re: Ibotta browser extension will no longer show a pink icon by items available for cash back

phillyman
Saver

I'm sorry to see this feature dissappear as well. 

0 Likes

Re: Ibotta browser extension will no longer show a pink icon by items available for cash back

Ashley24
Shopper

NOOOOO!!! Oooh no! 😭 That’s so sad. I guess I wont be using the app much anymore, since I only do Walmart pick and there’s no way I’ll have the time to make sure all items are a qualifying offer. It’s so tricky online. 💔

0 Likes

Rickibotta
Deal Master

Love it when they say "We're always working to make earning cash back as easy as possible", when they just told us we were effed and they just made it less easy.

“2022 New Year's Resolution: It’s time for me to be doing what I have been doing and that time is every day .”

Ashley24
Shopper

Aaahh yess! Lol I was thinking the same thing..so confusing.

0 Likes

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

That is a very disappointing change..  That feature disappeared for a bit after Wal Mart did their big website overhaul and it made it nearly impossible to use Ibotta for a pick up order.  I hope they will reconsider this.

Dean

While looking up information on Alexa Shopping List Savings, I came across this article which mentions the partnership between Walmart and Ibotta from last year will go live within the next few weeks. Maybe this is the reason for the change, and something new will be introduced by Walmart.

https://couponsinthenews.com/2022/05/18/now-alexa-will-offer-cash-back-while-making-your-shopping-li...

https://couponsinthenews.com/2021/07/06/walmart-to-introduce-new-digital-savings/

Posting tip: Add viewable photos using the toolbar's camera option.

Yushiulin
Shopper

The 2nd article is dated july2021, sounds just like the extension… it is more like after one year partnership, they are setting apart. Maybe Alexa is the new replacement with ibotta as Walmart trying out different tools for saving. We just have to wait and see. I was hoping that ibotta will starting apply this to more retailers, like target or other grocery stores with pickup service and sad to see they removed this from Walmart. I need to source more convenient  cash back program…

Ashley24
Shopper

Sooo has this gone into effect yet for anyone else… are is it just me? Icons are no longer showing up and I’m so upset! I was hoping to at least get one more shopping trip in with Ibotta before this feature was gone so I’m super disappointed. 

DanyelN
Skilled Saver

@Ashley24  The little icon has changed for me but it is still there.  It used to show either pink or green wide across the top with the amount of the offer.  Now it is just a little Circle with IB in it.