cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ibotta, can you please address this?

mandymere
Rewards Hunter

There are many of us who do not wish to use Facebook to participate in Teams, yet are invested in using the app and connecting with one another. 

Obviously, you've already created a structure we can use to find others, using individual referral codes.

So are there plans to make updates to the app for us to use Teams without requiring a connection to Facebook?

Labels (1)
9 Replies

Re: Ibotta, can you please address this?

lhasamom
Deal Sharer

I had gotten an update saying that as of Sept 1st Ibotta would no longer be on Facebook.  If you want to join my team that would be great.  My link is : https://ibotta.onelink.me/iUfE/8cc13c64?friend_code=aqepyrh

Lynn Sims

ginamcann
Rewards Hunter

As in, Ibotta is leaving Facebook altogether, or they are no longer making Facebook the primary way to get teammates? I rarely use FB and almost never post, so another way to add friends (even here on the community) would be great!

Lizib12
Shopper

I wish they would do this! I don’t have Facebook and don’t ever plan to but love Ibotta and want to be able to compete in team activities. It really sucks being excluded because I don’t want social media. 

0 Likes

Aunda
Deal Sharer

I would like this too.  Unless someone can tell me how to add a facebook friend without someone I don't know seeing everything I post on facebook

0 Likes

vani8
Shopper

I think it is only the Ibotta Top Savers group on FB that is going away.

0 Likes

Renee0144
Rewards Hunter

I'm in the same boat. I don't have FB and don't ever plan to but also love Ibotta and don't want to be left out. 

Renee0144

0 Likes

Blastkat
Rewards Hunter

You can edit your privacy on Facebook. When you post select "friends except" and you have to add who you want to exclude. Personally I don't find it worth the extra effort. However, my children, nieces, and nephews all use this feature. I for example can see that last float trip they took. Most of our relatives can't. It's just an extra step when you create your post or you can edit existing posts to exclude specific individuals as well. To them it'll appear as if the post never existed or that you deleted the post of it existed before.

0 Likes

Smoaks
Shopper

i think this is a good idea.  but i have lots of Facebook friends who participate.  

0 Likes

bluebutterfly

After you add them to fb, under privacy edit your friends list as to who can see your stuff,  restrict them and unfollow them. Except for being on your friends list, it's like they are not there.

0 Likes